Has JWD made you more or less Spiritual?

by PEC 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

JWD hasn't affected my core spirituality - just put me more in touch with it maybe!

• White Dove
    White Dove

This board has helped me a lot. I am more enlightened now than I was before coming here. I am definately a more spiritual person for that. We all learn from each other and grow spiritually and in other ways.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Much depends on one's perspective of spirituality, and I think this board has given me a clearer view of what spirituality means than when I was in the Craptower Society. As for whether I am more spiritual, that is difficult to decide since it makes little difference. Before, I was seeing faults in the Tower and with the cost/benefit of staying vs leaving the Tower.

I am defining spirituality as seeking the real truth, and there is only one way to do that. One must have fully integrated honesty, which is something most people that are stuck in a religion where the cost of remaining there is higher than the benefit lack. One also needs to have an open mind. One must be prepared to dump everything they have learned upon having sound proof that it is all a scam. One must not have their head buried in the Watchtower Society to the extent that they can see a blatant scam or see that the ultimate cost of staying exceeds the ultimate benefit, and still remain in there. In this context, the Watchtower Society actually hinders spirituality by keeping people locked into one religious system without regard to its accuracy.

No, I don't think this (or any) board has affected me spiritually beyond giving me new knowledge to integrate. However, it has given me a chance to help others see that the Watchtower Society is not the absolute truth. And if just one person whose head is buried in that cult and wouldn't have seen the blatant faults or the stagnation it has caused them sees my work and is set free of it, I feel that has improved that person's spirituality.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i was not at all spiritual before coming here. i believed in god, but, that was about it. thanks to some of my loving friends, new doors have opened up. ideas are everywhere. thanks to the loving people on here, i am alot more spiritually aware. i want to take this time to thank the people that have helped me on a personal level. you guys know who you are and are awesome.

• anewme
    anewme

Oh coming here and reading and sharing has DEFINITELY INCREASED MY LEVEL OF AWARENESS AND SUBSEQUENTLY MY SPIRITUALITY!

If spirituality is awareness and appreciation of all that is around you then yes JWD has done that.
    We are all just big fish in a little pond before coming here and reading all the stories of happiness and suffering. We are all like Siddhartha, ignorant, content with our knowledge and understanding of the world until we come here and are bombarded with the bigger truth, complex reality.

Now as little fish in a big pond we are more careful and cautious with our statements and final judgments.
    Knowing that there are other valid opinions and viewpoints than ours.

I have really benefited being a member of JWD. My personal life has improved quite a bit as I now am able to articulate my thoughts and express my opinions outside of JWD so much better.

And I am SO UNAFRAID OF REVERED INSTITUTIONS LIKE RELIGION NOW! Do you realize how for centuries my ancestors have feared the Catholic priests and Church???? I fell right into that false worship myself. But JWD has set me free!

This may seem pitiful to those who have gone on to institutions of higher learning and completed real college courses, but JWD has been a real college course for me in human understanding.
    Here I have had conversations with atheists, agnostics, intellects, winos, unhappy miserable people,
    positive thinkers, men, women, teens, on all sorts of subjects! Its been so wonderful.

Ive left a couple of times for a month or so but always come back. Why not! This is rich!
    I have been so strengthened by the human contact here. I feel sorry for those who do not have this
    resource.

Thankyou all for contributing to JWD!!!

Anewme

• DJK
    DJK

Never was and never will be spiritual. But I have learned more about spirituality on the JWD and have developed a greater respect for those who are.

• PEC
    PEC

Thanks for all the great responses.

Respect for others, something totally missing from all Dubs.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit