Child sacrifice

by veen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Threads like this strike me as over the top; bordering on cruel.)

I don't agree. The cult is a cruel organization but in the end a child has no rights or freedoms - it relies solely on the adult population for direction and life. sammieswife.

• veen
    veen

"Remember that JWs don't see it as a sacrifice because they believe in the resurrection". If this is the case then they shouldn't be so down on the old baal worship scenario, because those babies will be resurected also.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Remember that JWs don't see it as a sacrifice because they believe in the resurrection

There is no justification period. The JW's are no different than any other religion/cult - their rationale makes them think they are different but the result is the same. sammieswife.

• TD
    TD

sammielee24,

I'd like to try to understand your viewpoint. Help me out

Veen's original assertion was:

Essentially, they allow their children to die just to please their god, and would be praised for standing firm right to the end, as they stood by and watched their child slowly slip away, knowing that they could save their life at any time.

I've pointed out that JW parents don't know that they could save the life "at anytime" because the JW parent organization has shamelessly lied to them about the risks vs. benefits of transfusion medicine. JW parents in general truly, honestly, believe that blood only kills and there are absolutely no benefits to transfusion.

Let's assume that you, sammielee24 made a bad decision based on bad information while you were a JW and a seriously ill child died that might possibly have been saved, died. You loved the child dearly and that loss has left a scar on you that you'll carry to the grave. Now that you're an xJW you're furious at yourself and furious at the evil old men in Patterson that lied to you and filled your head with bad information.

You don't think it might be just a wee bit cruel to have the charge "Murderer" thrown in your face after the fact? Remember that murder must by definition be deliberate and you would never have willingly let your child come to harm

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    the JW parent organization has shamelessly lied to them about the risks vs. benefits of transfusion medicine.

I am trying to NOT whitewash what the WTBS stands for in the hopes that one other person who is lurking or simply thinking of exiting might see the org for what it really stands for and not what they want to make it stand for. Many of us have to live with our actions while part of a cult and that reality is indeed difficult therefore are we not obligated to put the actions and mentality out there in such a way that it can be heard?

I feel compassion for all of those who made decisions, any decision, while inside and who now find themselves having to live with those decisions outside - and that includes myself. It isn't easy but the truth is that too many have died for an ideology or belief and children are the least able to defend themselves. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

...and sorry, yes you are right...murder is the unlawful killing of one human of another....although we could debate as to wether or not it is deliberate in these cases, the deaths within the organization that occur based on the doctrine of the organization, are carried out lawfully under the heading of 'religion'. Another reason why in reality, the WTBS should not allow within their folds, anyone who has children - if a person is going to commit themselves to an organization like this, let them do it as an adult without the intent of procreation. sammieswife.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for this topic veen.

I feel that the blood clusterfu*k is horrible.

But the postponement of life is another tragedy, and common to all children that took to be truth the lies they were taught as Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit