Revealing article by Ex Terrorist

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Quote:

In summary, he claims that terrorism has nothing to do with Iraq or foreign policy or whatever. It's just

about religious fanaticism, pure and simple.

I could have sworn that peace came to Ireland in a settlement negotiated by politicians and warriors (as opposed to priest and pastors). Did I miss something?

When Osama bin Laden laid out his grievances with the west, I didn't see very much that is particularly doctrinal or really even religious on that list (even if his speech is full of religious hyperbole). Did I miss something?

Iran is a huge country full of devout Islamist. Palastine is comparitively small population, but also made up almost totally of devout Islamist. As a percentage of population, are the two countries about equal in numbers of radicalized people who might be willing to give their life in an act of terrorism, or is one population (hint: Palastinian) much more likely to field terrorist? Does this difference reflect radically different religious beliefs, or radically different economic and political realities?

How is it that Iran was perfectly willing to help America (ie: the great satan) in it's effort against fellow Muslims the Taliban and Al-Qaeda back in 2001 and early 2002?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree that terrorism has a lot to do with religious fanatacism, the scourge of the last century and this one. However, there was definite imperialism in the middle east on the part of both the UK and the USA. Read bios of Freya Stark and Lawrence of Arabia and others who worked with the Arabs before and during WWII. Not only did the UK and the US not honor promises made to the Arabs, but they arbitrarily decided to give away land that wasn't theirs to give. However, that is being used by religious extremists to justify terrorism, which isn't right either. Decisions made in the last century a long time ago could cause the end of the world, if these wackos with nuclear weapons decide to start using them.

religion is responsible for a lot ove really bad things and it isn't over yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit