No DC next year, last DC?

by doinmypart 39 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

A relative said there may not be DCs next year. He said on the last day of this year's DC when the final speaker goes through all the reports & experiences, the speaker said next year's DC have not been planned yet and the GB will make an announcement later this year. Did anyone else hear a similar announcement?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Doin..

I haven't been to a convention in two years, however, I do remember hearing something like that then. It is all another way to cause a type of fear, and hype so ones won't be temped to fall away.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

They say that every year.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well i read a press release for one convention this year and it said the convention center was reserved for the next 3 years for the jw's.

so the society is planning on more.

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Yea, I was at one a couple of weeks ago. They said the same thing. But, they do say that year. I think they stoped giving the dates of the next DC quite a few years ago.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The CO at my convention asked the question:"Do you want to know what the Faithful and Discreet Slave has planned for next year?.....You know as much as I do at this point. [chuckles from the audience]. More information will be coming soon!"

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

This is from the DC I attended in Duluth, GA 6/22/07-6/24/07

Now, usually at this point of the during our convention, we look forward to hearing about plans being made about future conventions, don't we? We just can't wait for the information, but you know this time we are going to have to wait. Because the Governing Body is going to make this information available a little later on this year. So we look forward to getting that information then.

The audio for this whole talk can be found here:Keep Following the Christ, Our Invincible Leader! I think the last 10 minutes of the talk has this quote.

This is pretty much a tactic to have a sense of urgency that the end is close, but it's BS as usual. They pretty much have a variaiton of this evry year at the DC.

• emptywords
    emptywords

We all know that the international is a non event, the district, that is odd because they have to have three major conventions every year like the Isrealites, circuit , district and the special day....

Everyone will say that is because the end must be so soon, their not planing.

I personally have a gut feeling that things are going on behind the scenes we don't know about, I wouldn't be surprised if there could be huge problems with the org, maybe governmental or other issues.

I do remember at the end of last years convention bethel brother said a lot of propaganda may come out, and to ignore it because it is all lies.

• carla
    carla

What a load of crap. Didn't they recently sign a contract with some city to have the dc's there for the next ten years or something on that order? If they were honest they would not sign such long contracts to get a special deal with the stadium/arena due the fact that the Big A just may come before then!

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

They can't afford them anymore?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit