Why the excuse, "we are theocratic"?

by edmond dantes 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

The WTS claim to be theocratic when really they are a dictatorship .When ever did they consult the rank and file and why do so many followers accept blindly their pronouncements.Maybe it's because of fear or perhaps just plain ignorance.Why can't the G.Body write to every JW and ask their opinions about forth coming changes to the Washtower editions.They could ask individual members by means of a questionaire ; things like, How satisfied are you with the Society? Tick one box ",Very Satisfied", "Not Very Satisfied"," Who Gives A Monkeys". How often do you think that we get it right? "Always" or "Almost Always" or " Are You Peeing Down My Back Or Is It Raining".Another question; The statement Millions Now Living Will Never Die , only tick one box remember , "Was True At The Time", or" Was Never True" or "Still True Today" or " I Believe Whatever , Do I Look Bothered".

last question ; Because we are tax exempt and a charity case what is the the most humanitarian act do you think we have carried out? Tick the box ; "Helped physical suffering" or " Helped in research to eradicate things like smallpox and polio" or Encouraged people to study genetic engineering etc". or" F it! ,don't arrange the deck chairs we are on the Titanic."

Send in your replies to "What's that Tower HQ "where they will be carefully ignored.

• zack
    zack

Not to be argumentative, but basically "Theocracy" is "rule by god" , "government by a deity." In JW land, they claim to be part of the "Theocracy", rule by Jehovah, and are thus theocratic. Since no man sees God, and since they claim that Jesus himself returned "invisibly", Jesus then appoints them to rule "visibly" in his place. Theocracy is from the top down. Theocracy is a dictatorship, just not one of a secular individual(s), but by individual(s) who claim to be the exclusive representatives of the "theos"-- God. They equate any questioning, any dissidence, any disastisfaction with them(the reps. of the theos) as rebellion against God. It's a pretty good racket.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The radical Muslims want to have theocratic rule also. Some countries already do. I don't find it very desirable.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another top-down dictatorship and tyranny. God puts Himself at the very top, and hence sees fit to exploit all creation to His ends without regards to the needs He Himself put in those creatures. If anything, He exploits those needs to manipulate people. How often do you hear of being one step away from having something fulfilled, only to remain one step away upon fulfilling the previous article?

Additionally, the Craptower Society adds yet another layer of authority and manipulation to the equation. They pretend that God requires service, and that it's super urgent (if it was, why then doesn't He have the stones cry out to help man?). Blind obedience to a list of rules is also required, most of which are found nowhere in the Bible, let alone within common sense. Even questioning the authenticity of the organization will get you in trouble.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Have you guys ever considered that maybe Jehovah is not happy with the Nazi dictatorship that the Watchtower is today? Why not blame the pompous and lazy Governing Body behind the whitewashed wall in Brooklyn instead of blaspheming Jehovah? Consider these scriptures and consider who Jehovah might be talking about: Jeremiah 6:13 “For from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them, every one is making for himself unjust gain; and from the prophet even to the priest, each one is acting falsely. 14 And they try to heal the breakdown of my people lightly, saying, ‘There is peace! There is peace!’ when there is no peace. 15 Did they feel shame because it was something detestable that they had done? For one thing, they positively do not feel any shame; for another thing, they have not come to know even how to feel humiliated. Therefore they will fall among those who are falling; in the time that I must hold an accounting with them they will stumble,” Jehovah has said. Ezekiel 13:1 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, prophesy concerning the prophets of Israel who are prophesying, and you must say to those prophesying out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of Jehovah. 3 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who are walking after their own spirit, when there is nothing that they have seen! 4 Like foxes in the devastated places are what your own prophets have become, O Israel. 5 YOU men will certainly not go up into the gaps, neither will YOU build up a stone wall in behalf of the house of Israel, in order to stand in the battle in the day of Jehovah.” 6 “They have visioned what is untrue and a lying divination, those who are saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited to have a word come true. 7 Is it not an untrue vision that YOU men have visioned, and a lying divination that YOU have said, when saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when I myself have spoken nothing?”’8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “‘For the reason that YOU men have spoken untruth and YOU have visioned a lie, therefore here I am against YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” 9 And my hand has come to be against the prophets that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie. In the intimate group of my people they will not continue on, and in the register of the house of Israel they will not be written, and to the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 10 for the reason, yes, for the reason that they have led my people astray, saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace, and there is one that is building a partition wall, but in vain there are those plastering it with whitewash.’ Isaiah 42:18 Hear, YOU deaf ones; and look forth to see, YOU blind ones. 19 Who is blind, if not my servant, and who is deaf as my messenger whom I send? Who is blind as the one rewarded, or blind as the servant of Jehovah? 20 It was a case of seeing many things, but you did not keep watching. It was a case of opening the ears, but you did not keep listening. 21 Jehovah himself for the sake of his righteousness has taken a delight in that he should magnify the law and make it majestic. 22 But it is a people plundered and pillaged, all of them being trapped in the holes, and in the houses of detention they have been kept hidden. They have come to be for plunder without a deliverer, for pillage without anyone to say: “Bring back!”

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

sorry guys, wrong thread

• emptywords
    emptywords

haa haa prodical that was so funny, I read all what you said and do tend to agree, even though was the wrong thread....

• Marcel
    Marcel

lol :D haha

• davidguest
    davidguest

i do take slight issue with attacking Jehovah. I was a witness for many years, and while I disagree with many of the positions taken by the Society and do feel it is more based on personal belief of the GB than the bible, i do still believe Jehovah does exist and try to maintain a relationship with him. I have always founfd that anyone, no matter faith, that lives by bibld standards lives a better, more fulfilling life. My issue is not with any of Gods requirements, but rather that the Society has implemented its interpretation as the final say under the cloak of "being directed by God". I feel as if I have displeased Jehovah by following men for this long and ignoring actual bible truth.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Theocratic warfare is just plain old Jihad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit