Is Dateline Still ON?

by bluesapphire 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Or is it permanently nixed?

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Blue,

I have it on excellent authority,Dateline is still on.
    It's just postponed due to Terrorism,war and Anthrax.

I mentioned this this morning on another thread,Dateline has spent too much time and money on this story to scrap it now.

I'm sure you'll agree we want it to air when it will have the most impact anyway.

Ranchette

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I totally agree with you there. Can you e-mail me at [email protected] when you get a chance?

Thanks.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

YES!

Solid as a rock and in the pipeline. The current state of world events have taken precedence and those stories need to be told. Yet this story will be told as it will show how WT has purposely hurt children with no remorse. It will be the sex, lies, and video tape of the Service and Legal Departments. These small men who command sweeping authority over the lives of so many innocents will be exposed for what they are, unethical and immoral men.

I make these statements as nine months have passed with so much clear evidence of the problem being presented. What has been the WT response?

NO change in policy.

How many children have been molested this year as a result? Their innocent blood is on the hands of these men.

It has gotten beyond ignorance or stupidity, they KNOW they are hurting children and CHOOSE to do nothing. Dispicable, wicked men who are going to cause an entire organization to be punished because of their non-compassion mentality.

The poor rank and file will have to defend WT policy to the public. Can you picture the joy of the field ministry when they have to overcome the following conversation stoppers:

1. Why do you require two eyewitnesses to an act of child molestation?

2. Why do you encourage child molesters to call at my home?

3. Why do you not report child molesters to the police first?

How will answers be prepared in the Kingdom Ministry to answer these questions? Can you picture the demonstrations on the Service Meeting? Will all JW's attempt to defend this stand? Will they cooperate with telling lies to the public as they did in my local congregation? Will the public buy it?

So many questions, yet the answers will define the wickedness or the righteousness of Watchtower.

For nine months it has been total wickedness.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi Bill. Apparently the society has been in contact with the elders via the circuit overseers. According to one elder in my sister's congregation, he admitted that there is a problem with pedophiles and they have been ordered to "protect the congregation."

Looks like the "congregation" (ie. assets) are the number one priority and not the children!

With this poor brother - who is totally decieved - he is under the impression that elders throughout the country have "mishandled" child abuse situations and caused the society to lose lawsuits. He was given various articles from your website and is in for the SHOCK of his life!

Keep up the fight! The little children need us. And the poor, deceived JW's need us too!

Love,
    Blue

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Blue,

My email is open.
    Just click on the little envelope next to my name,
    send your message and I'll be glad to communicate with you.
    Look foward to hearing from you.

Ranchette

• Tina
    Tina

Thank you Bill et al. bttt. I think priorities need to be reminded here. Threads about beer getting 95 posts and this issue getting 4 or 5 says a lot .

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

This is good to know. My Dad keeps asking about it and I keep saying... it's coming... it's coming...

Today I am going to meet a reporter from Southwestern Ontario's best read newspaper. I am going to lay out on the table all the info about how I contacted Paul Hoffel at the UN and the Guardian articles... and the rest of the story.

I will also tell him about Dateline.

Goodbye Watchtower...

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Today I am going to meet a reporter from Southwestern Ontario's best read newspaper. I am going to lay out on the table all the info about how I contacted Paul Hoffel at the UN and the Guardian articles... and the rest of the story.

BibleEx!

I will also tell him about Dateline.

BibleEx!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Some have mentioned concerns to me about how this Dateline airing will not have as much impact because of the 9/11 attack and anthrax scares. I think there is a possibility that the timing will be even better in light of those news items. Mostly because people are much more aware of innocent people being harmed and NOT protected. I think that the timing is better than ever. What do you all think? Curious to hear your viewpoints...

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit