Non-JW seeking help

by mamaof3 16 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Agreed! It's easier to get a Witness to question theism than to question Witnessism. Witnesses aren't Witnesses because of the Witness beliefs, they are Witnesses in spite of the beliefs.

Do a rational written cost / benefit analysis on the idea of a third generation Witness leaving the group. Maybe someone here left the group because someone pointed out Watch Tower Society error to them. I didn't.

• flipper
    flipper

Mama, here's an idea. Just ask her about the child molestation coverups the witnesses have done in paying off 16 molestation victims to keep quiet about it. Here's a website you can check to see reports on it. http://silentlambs.org/Nationalpresspacket.htm. If you need more info on what has gone on the silentlambs phone number is (270) 703-2257. Knowing the witness leaders are hiding this reproachable stuff is reason enough to doubt the rest of the bull they feed you, believe me. I was raised in it. They are nothing but hypocrites who don't want to be exposed. Peace to you my friend, Mr. Flipper

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hi

I found some great literature to help me raise good points.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/menuframesjwc.htm

Best wishes

• Mum
    Mum

Ask her why JW's don't accept blood transfusions. Ask her how many children of JW's, who had no choice, died because of the "no blood" policy. Ask her if she would expect you to die rather than take a blood transfusion to save your life. Ask her about blood fractions, whatever that means (something like, as one poster put it, they are allowed flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and chocolate, but absolutely no chocolate chip cookies). Ask her to show you in the Bible that storing blood is wrong, and how it would be possible in a time when the technology did not exist to do this.

Ask her how many parents she knows who will not speak to their own children because of the JW shunning policy. Ask her how many people she personally refuses to speak to because they committed a "sin" or disagreed with Watchtower doctrine or policy. Ask her why two members of the same family, one baptized as a JW and the other baptized as a Catholic or Protestant, could participate in a Watchtower-forbidden activity, and the JW family members will cease speaking to their fellow JW family member but continue to associate with the Catholic or Protestant family member.

Ask her why JW's reject some pagan symbols and philosophies but not others.

Best wishes,

SandraC

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Concerning blood, the WTB&TS has said that it is used as "food" by the body.

Ask your JW why blood transfusions are never the treatment or cure for starvation.

• esw1966
    esw1966

My understanding is that jw's have the WRONG gospel. I believe the key in helping them to understand that is essential and one of the only ways to get through to them. It is biblical and they should find the assumption fascinating; that, wow, they could actually have missed something. And that throughout their future Bible readings that one question will always rear it's head and maybe one day have the veil lifted.

1 Cor 15:1-4 begins to say what the true gospel is.

Romans, the whole book, explains what the gospel DID. Romans 4 is very good.

Galatians does a good job of seeing that works, or the Law, led to Christ and that works are no longer necessary for it was all fulfilled in Christ.

Ephesians 2, and the whole book, does a good job of showing works have ended.

In the end, jw's do not truly believe down deep that they are loved by God. They feel they must do their best, do all the right things, be the outstanding person in the crowd and then be faithful to death to have the slightest chance at life. Their salvation is not guaranteed.

The gospel says they are loved tremendously and that through faith and not works they will be deemed as righteous and meriting life eternal. If they can ever see that it will blow them away. It did me.

They want the helmet of salvation. They want life. They do not feel worthy of it because none of us are. It is a gift!

The obstacle to seeing all of that to a jw is they feel that all that talk is only to the 144,000. They only have 2 places in the bible to come to that conclusion. One speaks of it in Revalation and it pertains to Jews who will be redeemed. The other is in reference to other sheep which refers to Gentiles and not the great crowd.

Have them prove that the gospel is not for them. That is what they are fighting. They are trying to prove that God does not love them. They will say all the right words, but in the end those are the things they do not have and are searching for. Love and grace and salvation.

I would recommend reading Romans with her. I think Paul's letters will get to the point a lot quicker. It will also show what Paul's good news was! Christ died and rose!

I will also share a sermon that I absolutely LOVE. I feel it is the epitome of life, our dilemna, and our salvation from ourselves. It is by Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church in Seattle. It comments about what the gospel is, and the two enemies of the gospel; idolatry and religion. The idolatry shows where we go wrong by thinking this or that will make us happy and it doesn't while the religion part really shows the error of jw thinking. I have listened to it over 20 times. I weep every time. It is the essence of my truth as I see it. I hope you like it and I hope it helps in seeing where jw thinking is wrong and how to help them see it.

Mars Hill Church - It is called, Examining Two Enemies of the Gospel. You need to look up sermons and then specials.

You can also get it on iTunes under Mars Hill Church. The sermon is entitled Examining Two Enemies of the Gospel or Creative Church Conference, the dates are 5/29/07 and 5/30/07. They are the same sermon. You can even see it as a video on their video iTune.

Sorry for going on so much about it, but I do feel that it is at the core of jw false teaching and how to understand them and how to help them.

Let me know how it goes. I am very interested in hearing about your experience.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I voluntarily left after, well, 38 Years. I truly believed but eventually I realized that something was wrong. They didn't disfellowship me, I just slowly stopped attending meetings over a number of years. I was getting very suspicious of the headquarters in Brooklyn. The Witnesses are totally spoon fed information by their Governing Body in Brooklyn. They will not dispute anything they have been taught as they have been taught Brooklyn gives them all their spiritual food and the Governing Body is appointed by Jesus and Jehovah. (They always have scriptures to back up all of this). In 1975, "They" convinced their congregation members around the world that Armegeddon was coming, but when it didn't they denied everything and blamed it on the over-zealous people in the congregations. They keep changing rules about blood transfusions and what is allowed and not allowed. They discourage their members from getting an education. They won't allow divorce unless a spouse commits adultery or you get abused so badly, you have to prove it to them. The "They" I am referring to is the Governing Body. There are plenty of other examples, but basically you have to do what "They" tell you to do, or else. If you don't, you can be disfellowshippped and your family can never speak or have anything to do with you again. If you do, you will be disfellowshipped too. If you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses or get thrown out of the congregation, you will die at Armegeddon. If you don't go out and preach and get Bible Studies, you will be accountable for other people's lives. By the way, they have an internal campaign going (again) that Armegeddon is coming very, very soon. This keeps everyone scared and under control.

In short, I had a feeling I was brainwashed, and when I got out and looked back, I was right. So that's why I left.

You could ask her if JWs teach that everyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will die at Armegeddon. If she tap dances around it, she is lying. Also, Witnesses are taught to get away from anyone that causes doubt in their mind, so be careful or she will drop you like a hot potato.

Please let us know how things are progressing. Every person that can get out of the control of Jehovah's Witnesses will have a better chance at a happier life and freedom to think spiritually for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit