Patterson shock

by Phil 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Phil
    Phil

Well I have been there and am back.

This has got to be the most "pleasing" wake that I have ever attended. It was performed and organized by the Watchtower organization with the precisness of an organized military operation. Day one: had our greaving period alone with my son-in-law in his apartment followed with a meeting of her closest friends with a small lunch.

The following day, with a caravan of cars, we went to Wallkill where a reception was followed by a graveside burial service and return to Patterson to my daughter's apartment for a rest from activities. This was a welcome rest given my ill health. Then on to the auditorium for the euligy by the Medical doctor who attended to my daughter during her illness. Judging by the performance of the members at the beginning of the performance, there were obviously some high ranking hand shaking going on, the names of which I do not remember. (Evidenced by white hair) This was followed by a reception of a huge number of people in a long line of hand shaking and hugging and crying. Most of the emotion was among the close friends at the specified events. We returned to the hotel for our return home the following day.

Although the event was organized very methodically by the Watchtower, they left the start of the procedures up to us by leaving pathways with suttle hand jestures at appropiate times. THere was no rushing throughout all the events. It was very well none. Short and sweet. Iwould say, guided by my family.

General comment: During the reception, there was a noticible repetition describing the views of most of the attendees. "you made a nice child", "you should be proud". etc. There was a unanimus offer to assist us in getting around the area including escourting to unfamiliar areas including to the airport and to our hotel. Nothing was left out.

My impression of the Patterson facility is "superberb" well planned ,constructed . I understand why people who cannot cope with the rigors of life and without ambition would assimilate into a life at a facility such as Patterson. However, I am not ready to rush out and join the flock real soon.

• juni
    juni
    I understand why people who cannot cope with the rigors of life and without ambition would assimilate into a life at a facility such as Patterson. However, I am not ready to rush out and join the flock real soon.

So true Phil. I heard there are several cult compounds in that Patterson area. True? Just curious.

Take care of yourself.

Peace, Juni

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am sorry for the loss of your child, Phil. The standard WTS-approved funeral bears all the sentiment and compassion of a refrigerator. I found in my 30 years of attending these functions, that they were more of an "infomercal" for the WTS, than celebrating the life and the interests of the deceased. I am glad you are "home" now.

hugs,

Annie

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Phil,

I am so sorry to learn of your daughters death!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. I am glad you had a pleasant experience, as it would have been terrible to have to deal with other issues at such a trying time period.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Funeral Flowers Online

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am very sorry for your loss of your daughter at this time. I am very glad the all was made comfortable for you for her funeral.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Condolences Phil on your loss... please accept our love and sympathies

• greendawn
    greendawn

Phil, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

So sorry about the loss of your daughter Phil.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

So sorry to hear about your daughter's death. My condolences to you and your family.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I am very sorry you lost your daughter. It is even sadder that you did not have the opportunity to get the information you were collecting to her.

If there is a loving & forgiving God I am sure he will look after her now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit