My Grandpa Died Sunday

by noni1974 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Noni,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Grandfather! I too recently lost mine. It also was a terrible long drawn out process. My heart goes out to you, and I am glad he isn't in pain anymore. In time the pain will lift and you will have beautiful memories left. Hold on to those, they will help you through this most difficult time.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• juni
    juni

Here's a hug from me Noni ((()))

It is so hard to lose a loved one. Your grandfather sounds like a very loving man. What a blessing for you to be able to keep the good memories of him forever.

I wish you peace.

Love, Juni

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Noni,

I am SO sorry for your loss, it is such a hard thing in ordinary circumstances, but I think it is harder when the Pharisees have filled your head with the notion that you may actually not die.

Accepting that cycle of birth and death that has operated since Eden is difficult even without that Pharisee nonsense tho, My father passed in '99 and it laid me low. Everything went to hell and I only just recently got my credit back in shape.

Stay strong, look within and you will find that all the things you learned from your grandfather are still there. There will be times when you do something and then stop and remember your grandfather doing the same, and you will know that you carry him on, in your heart. No amount of Pharisee BS or JW recruiting drives masquerading as memorial services can take THAT away from you.

At first, the loss is so great that consolation just doesn't seem possible, sorrow so great that you could swim in it, this is normal.

Then you begin to see that life goes on around you and you feel a little angry at others for daring to be happy in a world without your loved one, or maybe your pain lessens and you feel guilt.

This too, is normal, just remember that your grandfather would not want you to throw away your life.

Eventually you are able to think of your loved one and remember the fun times and actually smile, or recall some joke they told with a chuckle.

It DOES get better, I promise. Word of Honor.

Roller (of the 'I feel your pain' sheep class)

• Grammy
    Grammy
    My Grandpa died Sunday afternoon.I was there in the room with him.I had to watch as he struggled to take his last breaths.It was horrific to watch.

My heart goes out to you, I had that very same experience when my mother died, it was heart wrenching. I also lost my first born son May 26, so I feel your pain. Grammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dear Noni, My heart goes out to you ,also my prayers. He has finished his journey through life....now he will be in Peace, Knowing true LOVE!!> God( in my humble opinion)
    My deepest sympathy to you too Grammy.
    I have lost so many loved ones, I know the pain. God bless you both, ( Noni dont get to "boozed" the head ache the next day aint worth it ((((((((((((((((HUGS NONI)))))))

• Quandry
    Quandry

Noni

Very sorry to hear about your grandpa. I have lost both sets of grandparents, and my dad. It is hard. The only thing we can do is be there for our loved ones while they are alive. It sounds like you are trying to be a support for your mom. She will appreciate it. Do not feel bad about crying and being sad around her. You can hopefully cry together.

Do not let it worry you if you are not invited to a meal after the memorial. You know that grandpa loved you. That is the important thing.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Noni-

I'm so very sorry. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. Please take good care of yourself right now: eat right, get lots of rest, try to spend time with friends with whom you can talk (or share a companionable silence.) When we're under such stress, we tend to forget about our needs. Try to remember all the good times you had with your grandfather.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit