Feed the Poor or Help the WT? (Mt 25:40 Christ's "Brothers")

by Open mind 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ahhh Nvr:

Glad to see that Bethel training never wears off completely.

Open Mind

(p.s. I'm lovin' your "avatar of the week". But I think I liked the "lawn lady" better.)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    But I think I liked the "lawn lady" better

I miss her too.

But she needed to come down off the mountain for a bit.

I'm sure she'll be back. LOL!

• JH
    JH
    we should help out the less fortunate. WRONG!!!!

I was well off financially when I started off as a JW and became poor all of a sudden, when the papermill where I worked shut down.

What did the JW's do to encourage me, or show Christian love and compassion.

Nothing !!!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

JH,

Partake at next Memorial and see if it gets better...

• JH
    JH
    Partake at next Memorial and see if it gets better...

The bread and wine would indeed help a hungry brother

• Open mind
    Open mind

I just realized...................JWs treat Christ's "brothers" like SHITE!!

Nasty old crackers and cheap red wine.

Is that any way to treat future "kings and priests"?

Open Mind

• LanDi
    LanDi

Well, this is one of my favourite ANTI JW Scriptures (purely because I'm wicked and oppose the good news and Jehovahs sovereignty ) but unfortunately, our conclusions fall flat in one major area : " To the least of my BROTHERS " (RSV bible "brethren" ) jesus is also heard to state that " The one doing the WILL OF MY FATHER that one is my brother and sister and mother" So it does state that we serve our brothers in Christ only - however, what is the will of God ?

There are however, many scriptures that say the righteousness of he/she who gives to the poor shall endure forever.

Personally I dont consider the WTB&TS as particularly poor - who at one point used Mt 25:40 as more whipping to get you to go on the ministry, stating that you were feeding and clothing christ brothers (the annointed ) by selling WT material (Im not making this up) so why didn't Jesus just say " support my brothers in the annointing work instead of waffling ?)

MIND BOGGLES...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit