Higher education ban busting at the seems ?

by 5go 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Illyrian
    Illyrian
    If the WTS really had "the Truth" they would have nothing to fear and everything to gain by having an educated membership.

Precisely!!

I don't know if they even realize how shallow their teachings really are, on the second thought they can't see it. Every witness meeting is like hypnotizing session that dulls the mind and takes away that little of the brain matter they had

• willyloman
    willyloman
    After 1995 when the education ban was lifted the flood gates were opened

The WT study article that changed course on higher ed (temporarily, as it turns out) was in late '92, just for the record.

I have a daughter who left the org, moved away from her hometown, worked hard for two years at a community college and got a scholarship to a good university and earned her degree. This was during the years 1988-1993. When someone sent her the 92 WT that "lightened up" on going to college she was understandably pissed, and it is a sore point to this day.

Recent posts on this thread (and even some going back a few years) make it clear that the WTS has circled back to its earlier anti-education position, harshaly condemning higher ed in the outlilne for one of this summer's convention talks.

• 5go
    5go

Actualy I think I heard the that talk at a previous DC. Atleast the one I think you are reffering to.

• 5go
    5go

5go killied this one to

• What-A-Coincidence
  • 5go
    5go

• TheNaturalStep
    TheNaturalStep

About education i followed some realatives to one of there big gatherings like a week ago. They kept on angging about not getting any higher education. They had intervju where people told how much better it was not to get a higher education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit