Climbing out of a hole.

by Defianttruth 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

A few months ago, I was in a downward spin. I was sad and having panic attacks. I finally went to the doctor. I should have done it months ago, but I was nervous about the stigmata. Yeah, I know that's not rational, but people are sometimes not rational beings. So, I go to the doctor and he asked me am I still working out because its a great way to deal with stress. I say no. I have worked out for years he found this surprising. I said it just hurts to bad now. If I hit the gym I am sore for a week. His eyes get big and he says he needs to do some blood work. I said okay and he gave me the test and told me to go home and wait for the results.

He called back a few days later and said to come into his office. I was a little nervous but he said everything was fine just come in to the office. I get there and he tells me I have low T. He said not to worry thats why we have modern medicine. I started to get injections once every two weeks. Wow. The transformation was phenomenal. Within a month, I was back to my old self. Back on top of the world. If any men are experiencing any problems it is worth looking into. I feel 18 again. I can workout with almost no soreness and can repeat a muscle group in only two days.

Also, I started running. I think I found my old man sport. I love getting to challenge myself in a new way. I am running a 5k five times a week and I am looking at my next goal of 10k.

Don't just sit there like I did in pain for another day. Get up and change your life. Go see a doctor.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    How long does the testosterone effect last? Do you get angrier while on it?
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Great, glad your back! Good advice.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nice to hear people's good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LVI1gDswg

:)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DefiantT, how old are you?

PM if you need to keep person info anonymous.

Just curious about your experience.

Doc

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    thanks for that link Searcher--Spencer Davis group--from birmingham UK--my home town---huge hit there in the mid 60's--my teen years.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I don't mean to digress from the thread, but I have to say, every time I see the title of this post, all I see are the words, "a hole."
  • Defianttruth
    Defianttruth
    V idiot. Testosterone has a bad reputation because of the anti doping campaigns put out by different groups through out the years. Yes "roid rage" is possible, but that is caused by athletes abusing the steroids. They will literally use 10 times the amount of normal levels. My personality is much more laid back now I have my levels back to "normal". We have no qualms about women using estrogen to keep a since of normalcy during menopause. Why should we view it differently for men wanting to keep normal levels during andropause.
  • talesin
    talesin

That is great to read. Let's take aging out of the dark ages for all genders. I (being focused on women's issues for obvious reasons) had no idea that this is a problem and easily treated.

Will definitely be sharing this info with my friends. Thanks!

tal :sunglasses:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Defianttruth - "V idiot. Testosterone has a bad reputation..."

Maybe spell out Village Idiot's username in full next time?

I got a bit confused at first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit