Do I Have a ProblemWith. . . You Know What?

by drahcir yarrum 14 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Last night I awoke from a restless sleep. It was probably around three in the morning. I heard the patio furniture moving around and thought we might be having some wind gusts. I decided to check it out for myself.

To my surprise, sitting next to the pool, smoking a cigar was Papa Smurf. I was frightened at first, but he quickly tried to calm me and invited me to join him. He asked me if I had a beer, so I got us both a Corona with lime. To my surprise I found Pops Smurf to be much friendlier than he appears on TV. He even gave me a couple of tips on my golf swing. As I went inside the house about 4 AM, I invited him to stay, but alas when I got out of bed this morning he had gone.

Oh yeah, something interesting he did tell me was, if you have any of the old kingdom song LP's and play them backwards, you can hear Judge Rutherford reciting the U.N. charter.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Sorry,

Don't know what the fasination with Smurf's and JW's are, but the story nonetheless was enough for a good chuckle..

Thanks..

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

wannahelp:

Back in the 80's I was informed by a JW woman that the Smurfs were viewed as demonic by those in the WTS. While I never saw a written pronouncement from the borg I did think it quite amusing that all of the little children were being led to Satan by a cartoon character.

Maybe someone else more involved as a JW at the time can confirm this.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

No, it seems pretty widely known within the JW community that Smurfs are bad. Same with Proctor Gamble.

Slipnslidemaster: "And now about the cauldron sing, Like elves and fairies in a ring, Enchanting all that you put in."

- William Shakespeare, MacBeth

• willy_think
    willy_think

it's a good thing you didn't give him whiskey, he can be a real bastard.

• professor
    professor

It was that time that a Smurf doll got up and ran out of a Kingdom Hall and drove a car away that got some brothers and sisters scared.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Just goes to show how little Dubdom can differentiate itself from mainstream Christendom: both the demon-inspired Smurfs and Proctor/Gamble myths have their origin outside the KHs.

• r51785
    r51785
    He even gave me a couple of tips on my golf swing.

I didn't know he played! What's his handicap? Can we put together a foursome?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Stephanus,
    What were the Proctor/Gamble myths???? I remember something but I'm not sure what it is?

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• DIM
    DIM

another popular rumour is that the cartoon "voltron" was based on a demon's life and written by a demon who was named Voltron.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit