Nov 15 Watchtower article regarding Hypocrisy

by chester 12 Replies latest jw friends

• chester
    chester

I started reading the November 15th Watchtower this mroning.

You guys really have to read it.

On page 21 there is an article entitled, "How do you handle HYPOCRISY?"

In light of all of the things that have transpired during the last month and a half concerning all of the talk about the WT and their involvement with the United Nations, I read it right away.

One of the paragraphs has a statement that reads: First, we must learn to identify hypocrites. This is not always easy. (I almost fell out of my chair when I read that)

On page 23 near the bottom of the page is this:

Hypocrisy, on the other hand, will ultimately prove to be death dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. "There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered," said Jesus Christ, "and secret that will not become known." (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: "The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgement in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."- Ecclesiastes 12:14.

Meanwhile, why should we allow the hypocrisy of others to affect us to the point that we are deprived of the genuine love of true friends? We can be cautious without becoming overly suspicious. And by all means, let us keep our own love and faith free of hypocrisy.- James 3:17; 1 Peter 1:22.

I just thought that it was very interesting that there would actually be an article in the Watchtower that dealt with Hypocrisy when that is what we have all been talking about lately.

Chester

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Chester,

Thanks for posting that information. Talk about speaking out of both sides of their mouth!

Pat

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

I heard a rumor that the very same Nov 15 WT has an article in it that bashes the UN? Is that true (I don't have a WT available)..

Is it possible for you to scan the Hypocrisy article for us? And if there is also an article on the UN, that too??

Thanks a bunch..

• JT
    JT

They have always been able to apply things to others and yet they never seem to realize that they themselves fit the same bill

great info

James

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hi chester,

This is incredible timming for the WT to print this article inlight on the UN story.

This was discussed some in the post:

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13054&site=3#156748

Hello wannahelp, this is what the same wt said about the UN:

The second study article of the November 15, 2001 Watchtower is entitled “Jehovah is our refuge”. On page 19 under the subheading
    “No Calamity will Befall Us” in paragraph 14 the following is stated:

14 Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) ‘Not even a plague draws near their tent.’ Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion,and worship of “the wild beast” and its “image,” the United Nations. bold mine.
  • Trotafox
    Trotafox

Wannahelp:

RE: 11/15/2001 WT...I'm looking right at it. Sorry, I don't have a scanner. It's not a separate article but on pg. 19, article entitled "Jehovah Is Our Refuge", under sub-title section, "No Calamity Will Befall Us", para 14:

"Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter 2:11) 'Not even a plague draws near their tent.' Whether our hope is heavenly or earthy, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of "the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations. -Revelation 9:20, 21; 13:1-18; John 17:16."

The next article is entitled, "How Do You Handle Hypocrisy?", pg. 21.

Amazing

Trotafox

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As one who has busted his butt and spent a ton of money & time on getting a lot of UN info including a letter from Paul Hoeffel, I would sure love to see both full articles in FULL (either typed or scanned).

hawk

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Well,

I could ask my friend if I could have a copy of the Nov 15 Wathtower.. He'd probably be estatic, but then he'd want me to sit in another hall meeting with him..

Uggg, I'll wait for the scanned version <G>..

• zev
    zev

i can scan this stuff for you guys....all i need is email addresses to mail it to...

i'd be glad to help.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I will send a scan in the morning Halk.

Funny thing. As soon as I got the Nov 1... I scanned the articles (eyes only) and saw the article. My dad was over for dinner and I mentioned it to him afterwards. I wanted to make a post, cause I could'nt believe THEIR hypocrisy!

And when I got on the board, here it was already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit