Did You Take Your "Ministry" Seriously?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since all Jehovah's Witnesses are "ministers" and are to act like "watchmen" so as to not be bloodguilty before Jehovah God, would you say that you, personally were a fine zealous preacher? Did you make sure that you accurately kept your house-to-house records up to date? Did you make sure you were back in a timely fashion once you placed literature? Did you follow through with making return visits to cultivate them into bible studies?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Yes! and No! To me the early days of the ministry was a life saving work! Not to be serious would make me "Blood- Guilty". So I thought at the time. Later I was just doing the walk, more coffee breaks, hanging out, putting my time in and so forth, not so serious as the years went by.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

u did the pioneer shuffle?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I did at first but then as I realised more and more that the WTS was not sound my enthusiasm cooled down until I gradually gave it up completely after a year. There was no point in bringing people into an org that was very dictatorial and had no brotherly love. It was also an unnatural environment with most people attending not belonging to complete families.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was on some bible studies till 1:00 A.M.

I did whatever it took to accomodate.

Yes. I took it very seriously. In spite of unanswered questions and nagging doubts.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, The Pioneer Shuffle was fun time. We do the supermarket field service. Go down one path, like pathmark, one street, from one end of the river to the other end of the territory line, street, path. Stopping along the way to pass out tracts, making return visit, no actual door to door. rv's and not at homes. Lots of refreshment breaks.The break led to always talking about the lastest gossip going on. Park the car on one corner, walk to the other corner then walk back toward the car. Then on to the next block straight ahead, the pioneer shuffle was an easy way to get your time in without working hard at it.

Haven't you done the pioneer shuffle in your days.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, you have down to a science!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yep I always took my time in the coffee shop very seriously!

Gary

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was too damn serious at times - and just playing along at other times.

Thankfully, all but two of my 'converts' eventually left the organization - unfortunately one of them is a prominent asshole elder still. The other a humble soul who needed a place to fit in society - he needed religion, or at least a social home, might as well have been that one.

Jeff

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Absolutely NOT

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit