Elders manual

by emptywords 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• emptywords
    emptywords

Would appreciate if anyone knows what is in the elders manual that is so secret, (hand book) I have asked this before, but had to have certain key to have permission to open the guts of the manual.

Would appreciate if someone could help with this.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i have no idea. if the information is from jehovah, why does it need to be kept secret?

• sanduleak
  • Mysterious
    Mysterious

Jws operate on a very need to know basis, I guess if you are an elder they figure you don't need to know. Outsiders don't get the organized to accomplish our ministry publisher handbook either. From what I understand the handwritten notes in it are the most secret part. Also the money involved in making extra copies available.

• Confession
    Confession

It's true that the substance of the info found in "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" can also be found in other fully available WTS publications. But there are a few reasons that (I think) they keep it confidential.

1) Much of the information concerns how to establish the supposed level of "seriousness" of a congregant's sin and how to determine whether someone is (to their way of thinking) legitimately repentant. Placing this book in everyones hands would be like publishing a blueprint for "How to Navigate Through a Judicial Committee." They'd know exactly what to say, what not to say, and how to act.

2) Most WTS publications are written in a certain "voice." One that conveys that the organization is drifting along on a spiritual breeze of Holy Spirit, guided personally by Jehovah. But the voice of this elder's manual is a bit different as it teaches elders how to nitpick, poke and pry into others lives in a very "earthly" way. No doubt the boys in Brooklyn have satisfied themselves that such things are necessary to "keep the congregation clean." But they probably know that, if everyone read it, they'd begin to see the organization as less "theocratic" and more "human."

3) The information in this book--especially the marginal notes Circuit Overseers have elders write in--sometimes deals with very sensitive issues, including blood transfusions and pedophilia. The WTS (I'm sure) sees no point in providing anything to the general public that could be used against them later in a court of law.

• blondie
  • emptywords
    emptywords

thanks so much all , for you're help, blondie thanks a lot, I needed to know if they had anything on testing the brothers with speech or spying seems nothing is on there so they must just do this themselves. Doubt if all that is followed and would suit themselves on different issues especially if it involved their family.

Cheers

• blondie
    blondie

It is the "unwritten rules" that are part of spiritual abuse and also cults. I enjoyed this book about generic spiritual abuse.

http://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Power-Spiritual-Abuse/dp/1556611609

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Blondie - How 'generic' is this book? Does it contain any references to JW's? (please say that it doesn't) I am thinking about getting this and having it be one of those 'lie around the house' type of books.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

2) Most WTS publications are written in a certain "voice." One that conveys that the organization is drifting along on a spiritual breeze of Holy Spirit, guided personally by Jehovah. But the voice of this elder's manual is a bit different as it teaches elders how to nitpick, poke and pry into others lives in a very "earthly" way. No doubt the boys in Brooklyn have satisfied themselves that such things are necessary to "keep the congregation clean." But they probably know that, if everyone read it, they'd begin to see the organization as less "theocratic" and more "human."

Great point confession

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit