Justice for the Governing Body

by TMS 9 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

The recent "uncovering" of the Watchtower's complicity with the United Nations calls for prompt Phinehas-like action to "keep Jehovah's organization clean". An investigative committee should be formed to determine "who knew and when did they know it?" A judicial hearing should follow for those governing body members who "signed on" to this impure alliance.

The current governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses should resign immediately as they are no longer "examples to the flock"(1 Pet. 5:3) and should willingly accept the "heavier judgement" appropriate for those who "become teachers".(James 3:1) It would not be appropriate for these brothers to handle any congregation responsibilities for a time.

Responsible brothers in the Writing Department should begin work on a talk dealing with spiritual fornication to be given in all the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses as "reproof before all onlookers". This talk should plainly denounce the conduct described by Jesus: "They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger." (Matt. 23:4)

These are just a few scattered thoughts. Perhaps others will want to detail other appropriate measures to remove this scourge, this spiritual cancer from Jehovah's name people.

TMS

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Amen.

Thank god there isn't two sets of standards, one for the flock and one for the leadership.

Path

• willy_think
    willy_think

TMS, this is a joke post. isn't it?

• ISP
    ISP

Hi TMS,

not at lot will happen........the GB..as was..resigned to be substituted by a number of corporations headed up by any number of assorted personnel. What a joke!

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman

Actually, TMS is spot on.

This UN debacle does indeed call for the resignation of all of the directors of the WTBTS. Resignation is the only face saving option open to them, you can't have management that is the laughing stock of a company!

Englishman. Resign! Resign!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• ISP
    ISP

I agree Eman..kinda....but who are the members of the GB....of what corporation. The GB as was resigned anyway!

ISP

• TMS
    TMS

I hadn't really "bought into" all the corporate moves as more than window dressing, but then I'm not a Watchtower insider.

My intended point was simply that any normal JW would face disciplinary action if involved in a similar association. Regardless of the current load of responsibility these men have, they are still "elders of the flock". By their own standards, they no longer qualify.

By Watchtower standards they should face disciplinary action up to and including disfellowshipping. If some show genuine heartfelt repentence, then "public reproof" with full restrictions would be a viable alternative.

TMS

• Richie
    Richie

I remember so well how often it was said by the witnesses themselves:
    those who will fall are the ones who we least expect to fall and those who make it through the end will be the lowly ones (those who we don't expect to make it)... Well, after the many debacles, the cover-ups and the many lies on the part of the Governing Body of JW's, I am now more than convinced that the Pharisaical class of the Governing Body will definitely be accountable to Jehovah for a severe
    punishment which they all deserve!! Shame on them!!

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• willy_think
    willy_think

TMS, what you say is 100% true for the R&F. but i think you underestimate the WT control over the flock. no sacrifice is really needed to appease the "true JW". just another one to write off.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"The current governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses should resign immediately as they are no longer "examples to the flock"(1 Pet. 5:3) and should willingly accept the "heavier judgement" appropriate for those who "become teachers".(James 3:1) It would not be appropriate for these brothers to handle any congregation responsibilities for a time."

Hello TMS,

I couldn't agree more!!! It won't come to pass, but you are right on target! Bullseye and Bravo!

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit