Rutherford's Death Certificate

by AlphaOmega 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

cant figure out how to embed it, but u can go here to look at beth sarim (4440 braeburn rd., san diego)

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&q=4440+Braeburn+Road,+San+Diego&ll=32.770975,-117.099844&spn=0.001304,0.00236&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=0

~Merry

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks. I tried it but only got a general google map page. Is there a satellite view available?

Back in the mid-80s I had a phone conversation with a big JW book collector. That day he'd visited Bethel and Fred Franz happened to come to a gathering in some Bethelite's room. My collector friend asked Franz: "Where is Rutherford buried?" Franz quickly replied: "At Beth-Sarim." Personally, I think Franz was telling the truth (though I've had some tell me they think Franz was just confused due to his advanced age). I wouldn't be surprised if Rutherford was quietly buried at Beth-Sarim despite the zoning commission saying it wasn't permissable. And I wouldn't be surprised if the grave in New Jersey is empty.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Yeah, sorry, that link didn't work as good as i thought it would. You'll have to enter the address yourself and also click on either satellite or hybrid on the upper right corner of the map.

Interesting about the burial...where was it really? who was there? who wasn't? Weird history.

~Merry

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Google Earth / Google Maps give this picture http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=32.770674,-117.09928&z=18&hl=en&t=h

Google Earth is a slightly larger image. Search for : 4440 Braeburn Road, San Diego, CA 92116

• greendawn
    greendawn

Beth Sarim was later sold by the WTS to a private individual, the great patriarchs never showed up as expected and it became an embarassment to them. Rutherford as far as I can recall had at least one son.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Maybe the Great Patriarchs did show up at Beth Sarim. I think their presense there was invisible.

jimbo (of the invisible presense class)

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Maybe the Great Patriarchs did show up at Beth Sarim. I think their presense there was invisible.

jimbo (of the invisible presense class)

Invisible presents !

It's lucky that the three wise men didn't try and get away with this - little baby Jesus would have gone mental !

----- Where are my presents? I ordered Gold, Frankincesnse and Myrrh !!!

------------ "Well Jesus, It's like this... They are here, but they're invisible !

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

I guess I am the only one who finds mocking the way in which someone died quite distasteful, yes he was the head of a cult but two wrongs........................

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    I guess I am the only one who finds mocking the way in which someone died quite distasteful, yes he was the head of a cult but two wrongs........................

You are so correct: two wrongs don't make a right. Death is not the scary thing. The scary thing is how it takes us! AO
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

I also do not mean to mock Rutherford's death. I'm just interested in this for historical purposes. Witnesses in 1942 spent many hours having people sign petitions so that Rutherford could be buried in San Diego at Beth-Sarim. My wife's grandfather told us of canvassing his area of Northern California with a petition.

Thanks, AlphaOmega, for the link. When I click on satellite image I get nice satellite picture. Is the house that was Beth-Sarim the one that is at the right (near the bend in the road) with a swimming pool in the back yard? It looks like it has a round turret style upper floor. Someone told me that the swimming pool was added by a later owner and does not date from the Rutherford era.

Does anyone know where Beth-Shan would be in this satellite picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit