Disgusting comment re: holy spirit from the Tacoma 2007 District Convention

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

The thread re: education at the Tacoma convention inspired this. My sister called me this morning, she had the convention in Tacoma last weekend. She said she tried NOT to listen as much as possible, but the comment that got her steamed was this:

"The holy spirit is holy, so if you're not holy, the holy spirit will not approach you. You have no hope of having Jah's spirit if you're not truly holy in thought, word, and deed."

Her comment: we're IMPERFECT!!! We can't be "holy" the way the Holy spirit is holy. What a way to make us feel like nothing we do will be enough to earn Jah's favor and help.

• gumby
    gumby

When I go to the assembly this Friday and see a brother lookin at a real pretty sisters butt, I'm gonna ask him if he truly thinks he can have Jehovah's Holy Spirit and a womans butt in his heart at the same time. Then I'm gonna ask him if he really thinks he's gonna survive armageddon that will be here in the next few years since he always stares at pretty butts.

Here's a guy right there starrin at the black sisters butt as we speak.

Gumgawker

• bennyk
    bennyk

Maybe this is the Governing Body's way of quietly admitting they have no holy spirit (?)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Damn Baby do Fries come with that shake

• Mary
    Mary
    "The holy spirit is holy, so if you're not holy, the holy spirit will not approach you. You have no hope of having Jah's spirit if you're not truly holy in thought, word, and deed."

Well since the R&F are told that they're not part of any covanent, are not and cannot be filled with the Holy Spirit, do not have Jesus as their Mediator and are technically not even Christian, how exactly are they to expect "Jah's spirit" to come upone them? Idiots.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hate that cult!

• steve2
    steve2
    She said she tried NOT to listen as much as possible,

She's a JW and tried not to take in "food in due season"???? There's hope for her yet! Let's hope that when other JWs listen to this kind of guilt-inducing crap from the platform, they'll refuse to eat it as well.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Maybe they should try reading the Bible. If we could be holy all on our own, we wouldn't need Jesus.

Or the Watchtower Society.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    She's a JW and tried not to take in "food in due season"???? There's hope for her yet!

My poor sis has been in an abusive marriage (emotionally, verbally) for a long time. I think it's coming to an end. She's ready to get out, regardless of how / what others think. The Society's advise to "stay together no matter what" is greatly coloring her view of "the truth".

In fact, she mentioned in her phone call to me the talk that was given at the DC about the need for families to stay together and work through things, not to give up and divorce like the "world" does when the going gets tough. She said it disgusted her... "so Jehovah wants me to continue to live with an abusive husband?"

• zack
    zack

God is often blamed for the things men do. Husband beating the shit out of you? WE don't want you to stay with him, but JEHOVAH does! See how it works?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit