Brighton Convention 2007?

by Mariusuk. 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Anyone know the dates for the DC in Brighton (uk) this year, I want to go for an experience, I did it last year and it really made me feel smugly happy (what?? I am allowed to be smug, i'm not one of the idiots who believes this rubbish hehe)

Cheers

M

• Gill
    Gill

Have fun, Mariusuk!

When you go to the assembly, do you go in disguise, (dressed as a JW) or do you go as 'yourself'?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

JULY 20-22

BRIGHTON, The Brighton Centre, Kings Road

NORWICH, Norwich City Football Club, Carrow Road

Will you be taking your own "apostate" convention badge - or will you be going undercover ?

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

I go suited and booted, hair cut all dub like, bible in hand, normally have to share a songbook, what is really ironic is that I pay FAR more attention at convos now than I ever did as a dub. I especially like the "resolution" part where they get the whole audience to give a resounding Yes! to yet more removals of their personal liberties, this is generally done right at the end of the convo where everyone is so knackered that they would say yes to anything

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

hmmm i could use a badge, where would one aqquire one of those?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Take a few books to read, it'll be boring

I want to go for an experience

I had far too many "experiences" like that to ever want another one

• AlphaOmega
  • Gill
    Gill

I can imagine that conventions are a lot of fun now!

For heavens sake, reading the mags is a very funny experience....love em!

So to go to an assembly.....oh the fun!!!

However, I'm not sure I could resist the urge to smack someone round the head for their sheer stupidity! Funny though!

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Dedpoet

Have to been to a dc post leaving? It is a totally different experience, quite fun actually

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

July 20-22. So I will come along as your wife then shall I? They are always pretty tight on seats at that venue as I recall though and i got asked which congregation I was from last time I went, which was while I was dfed a few years back. I'm not doing a whole day though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit