Please Share a few of Your All-Time Favorite Movies

by flipper 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Would it be too cliche' if I say the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?

Also-

Bram Stokers Dracula

Chasing Amy

Sense and Sensibility

Pride and Prejudice (the BBC one, not the new one)

Pans Labyrinth- (awesome movie, one of my all time scariest "monsters" is in this movie)

Schindler's List

I could probably name a thousand more "favorites" but then I'd be here all day!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Munkafats just sparked my memory about a great NZ movie, "The World's Fastest Indian" about Burt Munro, the record-setting Indian motorcycle racer.

The DVD release I rented included extra documentary footage from the early 70s.

~Sue

• Spectre
    Spectre

Heres a few:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The Matrix. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Silence of the Lambs. Ghost World. Se7en. Fight Club. Sin City. Kill Bill. Pupl Fiction. American Beauty. Malena. Lost in Translation.

Oh yeah, can't forget Showgirls.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Equilibrium, Fight Club, GI Jane, Star Wars, Mighty Ducks

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Purple,

Agreed on Babette's Feast: a truely wonderful film Also, the original "Shall we Dance" was so much better than the American knock off.

To all:

Greatest Western, and I hate westerns: Once Upon a Time in the West with Charles Branson and Claudia Cardinanelli (spelled wrong, again....)

Best comedy: Waiting for Guffman: Guys this film is sooooo funny. I have watched no less than thirty times. It takes place in the Midwest in a fictional town named "Blaine, Missouri." This is no joke: the town square looks just like the one in Mt Vernon: the county seat of our county: Lawrence. And, it is SO Midwest. It has one curse word in it, no nudity, etc.

Best film EVER: Gone with the Wind

Best horror film: don't know and don't care.....don't watch this stuff...

Best family film: the "Anne of Green Gables" series. We have watched them till we know the dialoge.

Nuf fer now,

V

• Gopher
    Gopher

Casablanca

North By Northwest (or practically anything by Hitchcock)

Night at the Opera (and a few other earlier Marx Brothers movies - notably Duck Soup)

Singin' in the Rain

It's A Wonderful Life

Back to the Future

Sound of Music

The Sidney Poitier trio of 1967: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner / In the Heat of the Night / To Sir With Love

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Election

Mulholland Drive

Titanic

Galaxy Quest

Thirty-Nine Steps

Fifth Element

My Cousin Vinny

GoodFellas

Bound

Grease

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Somewhere in Time

Raiders of the Lost Ark

United 93

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Serenity, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Munich, The Alien series, Boondock Saints, Wall Street, Kill Bill I & II, Talk Radio, Beyond Borders, Lost Highway, The Matrix, Fear Of A Black Hat, Osama, Frida, Pirates Of Silicon Valley, Team America, Hostel I & II, Office Space, Adaptation, The Big Lebowski, Under The Tuscan Sun, Bridget Jones, American Psycho, Twin Peaks, Empire Of The Sun, Saw I & II, Trainspotting, Equilibrium, Lost In translation, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Sin City, Underworld, Underworld Evolution, Walk The Line, Velvet Goldmine, The Constant Gardner, Gangs Of New York, Swingers, Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn), The GodFather Series, Scarface, The Cube, Serpent And The Rainbow, American History X, The Prestige, Harsh Times, The Pianist, Pan's Labyrinth, The Harry Potter Series, Donnie Brasco, Pride And Prejudice (The one with Colin Firth), Memoirs Of A Geisha, Elizabeth...

I know there are so many I'm missing that I love but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Dogville

Forrest Gump

Star Wars

Shawshank Redemption

Sin City

Crouching Tiger

Matrix

A Beautiful Life

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk