Bad memory

by Mrs Smith 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

When I was in my teen years I spoke to an MS and his wife about the physical abuse I had to endure from my father. While they acted very concerned nothing was done about it. No one ever spoke to me about it again and my father was never spoken to either.

A few months later I asked the lady that was studying with me if she didn't think that the paradise was just a spiritual state of mind. Well she got all huffy and phoned one of the elders right there and then and within half an hour I had an elder speaking to me about how dangerous it is to have independent thinking!

How's that for screwed up sence of priority.

• Mary
    Mary
    When I was in my teen years I spoke to an MS and his wife about the physical abuse I had to endure from my father. While they acted very concerned nothing was done about it. No one ever spoke to me about it again and my father was never spoken to either.

That's because they believe in the literal "spare the rod and spoil the child" scripture. They absolutely believe that parents have the right to beat their children into submission and cannot comprehend the emotional, mental and spiritual scars that remain long after the physical scars have healed. Since they're so dead set against getting help from a Psychiatrist or Psychologist (the happiest people on earth shouldn't have to do this), they offer no sympathy, no excuses and no suggestions.

A few months later I asked the lady that was studying with me if she didn't think that the paradise was just a spiritual state of mind. Well she got all huffy and phoned one of the elders right there and then and within half an hour I had an elder speaking to me about how dangerous it is to have independent thinking! How's that for screwed up sence of priority.

Now that's a threat!! Yep, if you're physically or sexually abused, they do nothing but the second you think outside the box, a Judicial Committee is formed faster than a speeding bullet to ensure your thoughts don't go any further. I had the same thing happen to me when I was 14 and told the sister studying with me that I didn't believe Jesus returned invisibly in 1914. She also got all huffy and suggested that I needed a threatening visit shepperding call to scare the shit out of me readjust my thinking. At that age, I caved and didn't say anything more about it.

• free2think
    free2think

That is so messed up. The important things are always ignored and the little things taken up.

hugs

• greendawn
    greendawn

That shows once more that the WTS exists to serve its own interests and not those of its members despite their claims to the contrary. It is as cynical as it is obvious. Just the same the elders will only visit to help when it helps the org, to get someone back into the preaching routine for example.

• monophonic
    monophonic

my uncle and a friend killed themselves and i told the elders the reason i missed a few meetings was because i was grieving over that.

no response from that at all....decided to miss more meetings, what the hell.

i went to see a band call Thrill Kill Kult and they were scheduling a meeting with me within a day of the concert. i thought they were coming by to make sure i was ok about my grieving. i brought it up, but they were quick to get down to business on the 'real' issue. why i would see a band who named themselves 'thrill kill kult'.

one of the many, many, many times that were essentially signs from heaven to get the hell out of the borg and anything to do with them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry about that Mrs. Smith.

That's how they are.

Here's the thought process:

Someone roughed up their kid? Kid probably had it comin'. Let's use the parents on the next Assembly program.

Someone's been thinking independently? Get 'em!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

At least I got out. My father is still in. May he rot in hell.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

they are so defensive. you've got to wonder if each and every one of them knows on some level there's something wrong with their belief system. either that, or they hold their beliefs higher than they do people and their problems, such as abuse.

all I know is, if I find out about any type of abuse, a call to the children's protective service or the police is going to be made.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I once told an elder's wife, whom I considered a very close and dear friend, that my father had abused me - I trusted her and needed to talk about it. Within days, everyone in the congregation was asking me about it and offering spurious concern. What a betrayal! I hope she rots in hell.

edited to add: they can't keep their mouths shut when they know something juicy about anyone.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

My wife observed a, literal, beating of a child in the women's bathroom at a DC. It was so bad all the Sisters cleared the bathroom except one woman. My wife stopped the sister from abusing her daughter. The sister dragged he crying daughter from the bathroom. My wife and the other woman went to the DC "headquarters" and told of the incident. She observed the brothers just ignoring her until she, loudly, stated: "Either you all get something done on this or I will call the police."

All hell breaks loose: they jump up, retrieve the abusive sister, etc.

Two weeks later, we have an Elder visit: topic: "Why would you defame the name of Jehovah by dragging the police into this?"

This was the second of two abuse situations reported to the elders that resulted in a do-nothing response.

The pedaphile abuse cover up came as no surprise to Mrs. Williams.

Mrs. Smith, I wish you the best in dealing with the results of WT ignorance and arroance in your life.

Yours in this Struggle,

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit