Change in Baptismal Questions?

by brunnhilde 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to Gopher)

WT (The Watchtower) 1973 5/1 page 280 Baptizing Follows Discipling

(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

Scan: http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?154fs838882.jpg

CHANGE TO:

WT 1985 6/1 page 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication

The first question is:

On

the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization? Scan: http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?154fs83915.jpg Nevada-

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

I wonder how many of the 8 or 9 year olds that are being
    blackmailed into getting dipped to keep the watchtower
    membership numbers up really understand the kind of
    commitment they are actually making?

I suspect many of them will live to regret making it.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Funny how whenever they are confronted about failed prophecies etc the spirit directed comments disappear hmmmm. The baptism question is basically saying "Do you realise that you are entering into a contract with the WTBTS?"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I believe they were changed. The bad part is they are the questions asked just as the person is about to be dipped into the pool! Talk about last minute!

Not enough time to think about what is being said and being embarrassed about saying no at the last minute with your friends and family watching, etc.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit