oh dear my cooking skills :(

by bluebell 5 Replies latest social humour

• bluebell
    bluebell

I have a bread machine and lately its been squeaking so i sprayed WD40 on the mechanism... and now the whole house smells like parafin and my bread is probably ruined.

• bernadette
    bernadette

more importantly has the squeaking noise gone

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    so i sprayed WD40 on the mechanism...

What on the little spinny round flipper thing ?

I sprayed my bicycle chain with WD40 once - it ruined every pair of trousers that I wore on it for about a month !

• free2think
    free2think

I did that to my door lock and everytime i put my key in oil comes off on it.

I hope your bread is ok.

• bluebell
    bluebell

What on the little spinny round flipper thing ?

lol alphaomega i'm not that bad (yet) no on the bit underneath, the stuff that drives the flipper thing :)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I would suggest you make a couple of small batches and donate them to the birds. This will give the volatile components of the WD40 an opportunity to "cook off." If no food comes into contact with the parts you lubricated, there should be no long-term effects.

WD40 is a good product. I kinda like the smell (Chicks dig it, but Dux don't. Go figure).

No one likes a squeaky loaf.

*note* a pretty good food-safe general purpose lubricant is heavy mineral oil OR petroleum jelly ("vaseline" in the USA), available in you pharmacy. A small bottle will last forever. It is odorless, and since it is a mineral oil, it will not turn rancid (not in our lifetimes, anyway) and if it got mixed with food would cause no ill effects. The only real difference between the is viscosity. the mineral oil is an oil and the petroleum jelly is a light grease. Both also work as laxatives when taken in larger doses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit