JW Children: Feeling alone and sad

by Gopher 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I had the same problem with regards the "Lord's Prayer", when I was a kid.
    Having been instructed that it was improper to say repetitious prayers, I was castigated by my school friends (religious or otherwise). The teachers couldn't understand it, either.

I believe that it is a little easier in Britain, now.
    My heart really goes out to the American kids, though. It's hard enough growing up without feeling "especially" self-conscious.

LT

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

I was once a JW youth. I was quite uncomfortable standing there, silent, while the Pledge was recited.
    I'm out now. I'm older. And, perhaps, a bit more thankful for what we have in this great country, the USA.
    My ultimate allegiance is to God. However, I'm also quite committed to my wife, my kids, etc. Hmmm... What makes an allegiance to a government any different?
    I'm committed to doing what it takes to make my marriage a success, and a happy one at that. I will do the same for my country.
    This nit-picking, hair-splitting by the JWs is most regrettable.
    In my opinion, the USA is only as good as its citizens. If you support it, more power to you. If you don't, at least be thankful you have the blood-bought freedom to do so. (Kind of a catch-22.)

God Bless America!

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

There is no way my mother would have removed my sister and I from school to avoid persecution!!!!!

She would have viewed that as a lack of faith and trust in Jah!
    In fact she would a little sad if we didn't have a bad experience that she could talk about and feel ever more sure that we had Jah's aproval.

I do feel sorry for the kids. I remember how hard it was for me and my sister.

Ranchette

• Xena
    Xena

Just as a side note to Prisca they are also taught to put their right hand over their heart as they recite the pledge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit