Japan Ruling - JWs Children Under 15 will get transfusions

by Gayle 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gayle
  • yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Very interesting! Thanks for posting this.

I really liked the following in the article:

"The committee judged that refusing a blood donation for children under 15 who are considered to be immature in terms of their self-determination capabilities constitutes an abuse of parental rights."

DAMN RIGHT IT IS AN ABUSE OF PARENTAL RIGHTS! The Watchtower Society has been blackmailing otherwise upstanding JW parents for decades into sacrificing their babies and children on the alter of religious extremism, legalism, and fanaticism.

I think this is the way the Watchtower Society will be forced to go with their blood policy in future. All babies, children and young teens should be free to have a blood transfusion without the parents feeling any kind of pressure/guilt by the organisation.

The JW blood policy should ONLY apply to those who are baptized and who are mature teens upwards. It's such an obvious solution for the Watchtower Society.

• moshe
    moshe
    children under 15 who are considered to be immature in terms of their self-determination capabilities

Those kids also don't have the reasoning ability to just say "No" to getting baptised, either. This is a great ruling and I hope all countries follow the lead of Japan in setting parental limits for JW's when it comes to life or death medical procedures.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Am I correct in understanding that this is merely a guideline drawn up by the collaborated effort of 5 Japanese medical societies? Their medical recommendation can still be challenged in the Japanese justice system. But at least this gives a voice to young JWs whose parents are unfit to make the best medical choices for them.

And the WTS will have to fork out some cash to fight those cases. Let her bleed baby, let the B*tchTower bleed to death!

INQ

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Japan deals blow to Jehovah's Witnesses
    United Press International - 25 minutes ago
    The committee found it would be an abuse of parental rights to allow Jehovah's Witnesses to make such crucial decisions for their children. ...
    Japan deals blow to Jehovah's WitnessesEarthtimes.org
    'Under 15s must be given transfusions despite beliefs'The Daily Yomiuri
    all 3 news articles »

• Gill
    Gill

I'm not sure that anyone can make decision to bleed to death, deliberately!

15 years old is a good start for a limit to this right. The problem lies with a false interpretation and manipulation and pressure from a book publishing company that doesn't want to lose face and more importantly money.

Do you let ANYONE bleed to death because a book publishing company likes to keep its money in the bank and not be sued for misrepresentation, lying, deception and sheer stupidity when it comes to translating ancient manuscripts?

People should be allowed to believe what they want.....but should they be allowed to believe lies and die for lies, money and book publishing companys?

Should they be allowed to die because non of their friends and family will talk to them again if they take blood?

We're bordering on losing common sense just to cover face for a book publishing company. Which is more important? Is it human lives or is it the bank balance of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

Their lies have to be exposed.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Do you really think the WT will say much? I don' t think they want to spend anymore money than they have to. They have too much going out now with the sexual abuse suits. They may make a little noise, but I bet they make it short and sweet. It's Japan. I think they really only care about the US.

On the other hand, will this stop witnesses from getting a child the medical help needed? Just the thought, makes me shudder.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Am I over-reacting or has Gill misunderstood my use of "Let her bleed baby, let the B*tchTower bleed to death!"??

INQ

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

bttt

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Convention peak and this dominates the news

ImediNews, Georgia - 7 hours ago
    The committee found it would be an abuse of parental rights to allow Jehovah's Witnesses to make such crucial decisions for their children. ...
    Japan Deals Blow To Jehovah's WitnessesPost Chronicle
    'Under 15s must be given transfusions despite beliefs'The Daily Yomiuri
    all 5 news articles »

ImediNews, Georgia - 7 hours ago
    TOKYO, June 24 (UPI) — Japan's top medical groups say children under the age of 15 should receive blood transfusions even if their parents are Jehovah's ...

Japan Deals Blow To Jehovah's Witnesses comment Post Chronicle - 10 hours ago
    By Staff Japan's top medical groups say children under the age of 15 should receive blood transfusions even if their parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. ...
    Japan deals blow to Jehovah's Witnesses comment Earthtimes.org - 11 hours ago
    TOKYO, June 24 Japan's top medical groups say children under the age of 15 should receive blood transfusions even if their parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. ...
    'Under 15s must be given transfusions despite beliefs'
    The Daily Yomiuri, Japan - Jun 23, 2007
    A committee comprised of the country's five medical societies has compiled a draft guideline that stipulates doctors should perform a blood transfusion ...
    Japan deals blow to Jehovah's Witnesses short comment United Press International - 11 hours ago
    TOKYO, June 24 (UPI) -- Japan's top medical groups say children under the age of 15 should receive blood transfusions even if their parents are Jehovah's ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit