This is what I am going to do.

by GODLOVESME 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Expect her to be very nervous. It took me more than 25 years after fading to get up the nerve to enter a church for a religious service. Maybe you can visit a few different churches with her.

I have now visited 3 different churches (1 time each) since this spring. The first 2 passed the collection plate which I found to be very offensive (my JW roots still showing). The third did not pass the collection plate but had contribution boxes at the entrance. There was no mention of the boxes but a very brief mention of expenses. I noticed on the printed program they itemized their finances (income & expenses) to date for the month and year.

I found myself thinking of Jim Jones and the Waco guy while the casually dressed pastor gave his sermon. (Excellent father's day sermon by the way on headship.) They passed communion wine & cracker in tiny plastic containers. My daughter & I just passed it on (JW roots again) & I found myself again thinking "Kool Aid".

Probably is a good idea to sit near the back in case she is overwhelmed. I found it very embarrassing when the 2nd church asked for anyone there for the first time to stand. Everybody looked at us (I'm rather shy & don't like to be the center of attention). If she's not comfortable with something like that let her stay seated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit