FTC next week in fort worth texas

by heathen 10 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Follow the Christ convention hits fort worth texas next week on the 29th , just wanting to know if there is any apostate activity planned for the event.

• magoo
    magoo

.......does not attending count as apostate activity......

magoo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I guess that means for sure that the rain is over and it's going to get hellishly hot. The summer convention always brings the heat, the way the Byron Nelson Golf Classic and the Ft. Worth Stock Show bring the rain. I wonder what idiot decided the end of June/beginning of July was PERFECT for a convention in Ft. Worth?

I don't know of anything apostate-related going on. I plan to simply abstain from being anywhere near it.

Nina

• heathen
    heathen
    I don't know of anything apostate-related going on. I plan to simply abstain from being anywhere near it.

Unbelievable. Nobody even going to make up some Danny Hazzard signs on being abused and misled . Now comon people , we can do better than that ..............................

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Now comon people , we can do better than that

Yes but we are uncomon people alt

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My JW relatives, children & grandchildren will be feeding there on the teats of Mother Watchtower's soured milk.

Their faith in shunning and the loss of their "natural affection" for family will be rewarded & strengthened. After all, they don't need to worry about the present or the natural future...they have a 'Plan B'. Paradise or heaven.

'Plan B', like most religious beliefs...means, "a carrot and a stick."

Rabbit

• heathen
    heathen
    My JW relatives, children & grandchildren will be feeding there on the teats of Mother Watchtower's soured milk.

Here's your chance to remind them you still exist ........... That the WTBTS is a faud ... and so on so forth

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oscar Wilde (I think) said: "Living well is the best revenge." I am living well. I have friends who don't judge me, I'm trying to make up for a lifetime of no retirement plans or children's college fund, and my opinion is that if these people want to waste their weekend on a really boring series of talks, that's their problem.

Sorry, but I spent enough time slogging to Ft. Worth in the heat when I was a Witness -- not going to do it again! I'd rather save my energies for a good, rousing apostafest.

And I'll save the Witnesses one person at a time, as I have the opportunity to talk to them face to face. When I was a Witness I didn't pay any attention to the people demonstrating outside the conventions, and indeed felt more virtuous and right because I just KNEW I had "THE Truth." What WILL impress them is if someone they know can tell them something that touches them personally. I left because of how the [un]loving brotherhood treated my children, after my faith was already rocked with how they treated my husband. The final seal on my departure was my father's suicide. It has to be something personal to get them to even think about leaving.

Just my two cents' worth!

Nina

• heathen
    heathen
    I'd rather save my energies for a good, rousing apostafest.

That's not a bad idea either , woooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo guess I'll have to put away my magic markers and cardboard ............. it's only fun if others join in on it .

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well if I was down there, I would join you. I have about 1/2 dozen Danny Haszard signs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit