If God got ticked at Moses...

by Metamorphosis 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Last night as I was doing my customary tossing and turning till 4 in the morning I got to thinking about the account of Moses and the water from the rock. Now, we may or not believe in the literal take on that anymore - but the WT surely does. If God got that angry about one incident of a human setting himself up as the one who accomplished something done with God's power, that he would deny Moses, a longtime servant, entry into the promised land.... how must he feel about the org? They set themselves up as the one org you MUST go through to be able to gain salvation - that he has given only them the abilities to hand out the meaning of his inspired word. Somehow me thinks he might just be a bit displeased.

Morph - 'not really feeling sorry for them'

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Exactly the point I have made to my husband and my best friend. Moses was frustrated and at the end of his rope.

Yet Jehovah still held him accountable and he was not allowed to go into the promised land.

In the Watchtower from April 1,2007 (notably April Fool's Day) I read the study article beginning on page 21

entitled "Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave."

By the time I got to par 16 I was already sick.

Then all of those previous misgivings came flooding in and I got my own new light.

" The other sheep recognize that they have been greatly benefited from the diligent efforts of the faithful slave in supplying them with timely spiritual food.They humbly acknowledge that were it not for the faithful and discreet slave they would know little or nothing of precious Bible truths such as Jehovah's sovereignty ...Out of sheer gratitude and loyalty, the other sheep lovingly support Christ's annointed 'brothers' on the earth during this time of the end.-Matthew 25:40"

I immediately thought of that story of Moses and the scripture that says "even the stones would cry out" if there was no one to preach.

Presumptuous egomaniacs.

I haven't been back to the hall since.

• Gopher
    Gopher

If ....Jehovah kept Moses out of the Promised Land because he talked mean to the Israelites, ignoring Jehovah's wishes,

Then.. Jehovah should keep a lot of the elders out of his coming paradise new earth, because they talk mean to the sheep, ignoring Jehovah's wishes.

That would be "divine justice".

• Hermano
    Hermano

Look at it another way, this means regardless of how many years you serve Jehovah, if you slip up one day and piss him of real bad he just may strike your name from the book of life. That's one of reasons why I left. Might as well enjoy my life right now instead of living a life of servitude hoping I dont piss Jehovah off too much.

• Scully
    Scully

This is the god who is "slow to anger" remember??

This is the god who is supposed to set the example in forgiveness and loving kindness remember??

This is the god who is so petty and so full of his perfect self that one little mistake from an imperfect human gets them tossed out of paradise (or where ever) on their arses, with no hope of ever returning to his favor.

Does that sound like the kind of "god" who deserves to be worshipped?

He sounds more like a petty tyrant than an almighty supernatural "god".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit