Has anything changed with JW's?

by aniron 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• aniron
    aniron

There seems to be now a lot of reports of JW's actually speaking to those of us who have left. Even to DF'd and DA'd ones.

I had a mail today from DA'd JW saying he was in PC World when he saw a JW from his old congregation one who had ignored him times before. Before he knew it the person waved to him and said hello and chatted for about 10 minutes. He said he was that shocked by being spoken to that he just didn't know what to say.

A lady exJW said she gets waved to by JW's while out, ones who before wouldn't do so.

Over the last couple of months I've had other similar mails.

I have even run into JW's while out at the pub. Last week I saw two brothers across the bar , they gave me a nod and little wave.

Its all starting to unnerve me. Is this some kind of campaign to get us back?

Has the WT issued secret orders to not treat us DA'd and DF'd ones so badly, because of all the publicity lately?

Or are individual JW's thinking "I'm going to wave, talk to that person. Whether its wrong or not."

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Has the WT issued secret orders to not treat us DA'd and DF'd ones so badly, because of all the publicity lately?

If they have, it hasn't filtered through to the jws around here yet! I
    was ignored by a couple while shopping this morning. I smiled at
    them, they glared at me, and not a word was spoken by any of us,
    as usual.

• aniron
    aniron

dedpoet

I don't know which is worse.

Them actually acknowledging me and saying hello.

Or ignoring me altogether.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

aniron,

It would have been a major shock to me if either of those two had
    spoken this morning, they've ignored me in Sainsbury's, where we
    all were this morning, several times. I would think they were in a
    hurry as I believe their dc starts today, so maybe that's why they
    didn't glare as much as usual, just a brief dirty look this time lol..

Personally, I'd rather they ignore me anyway. They have nothing to
    say that I want to hear

• eclipse
    eclipse

Maybe it's the just UK JW's, maybe they have a more loving and forgiving attitude...new local needs parts?

Seems like the coldest JW's are in the US/Canada....just an observation/perception from different posts I have read, not stating a fact.

• ninja
    ninja

yes a Jehovah's witness ignored me in ASDA as I was going out the front door...I'm glad though ...he was a store detective and I was shoplifting.....there's always a silver lining

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that this results in more improvement in families' lives with JW/exJW members than in attempts to recapture those who have left! With that secret Kool-Aid edition coming out next year, I cannot trust those greedy pests.

• unique1
    unique1
    are individual JW's thinking "I'm going to wave, talk to that person. Whether its wrong or not."

That is what I did. I would go out of my way to talk to them to show them, I didn't judge them. Some were really taken aback. But I had never shunned them before either.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Or are individual JW's thinking "I'm going to wave, talk to that person. Whether its wrong or not."

thats all it is. I have always been unable to completely avoid any interaction, whether it be a nod and a smile, a wave, or a brief trivial greeting.

A few months ago a DF'd person recognized me (i am "still in" remember) and he started talking to me. I chatted with him for a few minutes. No big deal. Some are a little more/less orthodox than others when it comes to this.

• changeling
    changeling

As far as I know (I'm still very much in the loup) the official policy is to shun. However, individuals may be starting to use their brains (and in this case hearts) and doing what they personally feel is best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit