What Fears have you Overcome that the witnesses put in you?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here again. When in the org. we were all told to fear Jehovah . Fear displeasing Him, or we will be destroyed at armageddon.Godly fear pounded into us like a whip. I remember my dad saying as an elder when I was young quoting Jesus,"Remember after you have done what is commanded, remember we are good for nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done". And I remember thinking, yeah, alright but can't I enjoy it while I do service or whatever? Does it have to be done out of fear as a slave would do? Out of fear of what will happen if I don't do it? Do you think most witnesses stay in that religion out of fear of repercussions if they don't? What a sad life!! Fortunately I've overcome my fears and don't believe in the big bad dream anymore! I'm not afraid of the big A because it's not real. I live life free of fear now.What is your opinion? Please share. Peace to all, Mr. Flipper

• Hermano
    Hermano

The day I accepted the possibility that I just might die in the big A is the day I gained my freedom. Put another way, once I stopped being afraid of death I knew I could walk away from the Org. That's why they need to predict when the end will come. They need the big A to be a real in the minds of the enslaved ones. If the masses think the big A wont happen in their lifetime then the Org is in trouble.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Armageddon, torture, death, demons, Satan, the occult, ouija boards, tarot readings, psychics, pagans, churches, gays, people with piercings and tattoos, punks, heavy metal music, rock concerts, God, spiritism, evil, graveyards, smurfs, tuesday and thursday nights, sunday mornings, knocking on doors, talking about religion.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

fear of armageddon, fear of disapproval, fear of failure, fear of jehovah, jesus, angels, satan, demons, and whatever the heck else might be out there watching each one of us. Fear of used clothing and furniture, fear of outsider's ideas, fear of "worldly" people...should I go on?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Fear of Apostates.

Warlock

• changeling
    changeling

The fear of success.

• loosie
    loosie

I'm not afraid of "worldly people" anymore.

I'm not afriad of oral sex.

Not afraid of aposotates no more.

Not afraid of getting in trouble for watching scary movies.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey everyone, thanks!! Keep it comin'! Hermano- I felt the same way. I'm not afraid of death. The witnesses aren't gonna kill me? Cool!!! Mysterious- All those interesting things we wanted to look into, but couldn't till we got out of the org. Yeah, I'm not scared of Tuesdays and Thursdays anymore either!! Hortensia- Yes. Worldly people really are less scary than witnesses. I find I'm more in tune with their ideas. It's enlightening. Warlock- Apostates are righteous!! Cool!! Changeling- Isn't it great to succeed and not have to give credit to the church?? Loosie- I agree. I also love worldly people, oral sex, apostates, & scary movies. No fear at all of that stuff. Just curious, what scared you of oral sex??? Thanks all, keep it coming, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I suppose I'm still afraid of Armageddon, or some other worldwide natural disaster or concatenation of disasters. That's what drove me into the Spoof in the first place! Dammit!

But it's not nearly as bad as it was. Over the past 12 years, I've actively sought out sources of hope: "imperfect, sinful," knowledgeable, industrious and idealistic human beings doing their best to undo the errors of the past few hundred or a few thousand years. (Ode Magazine helped a lot.) And:

• I'm sure-as-hell not afraid of Deeminz any more.
    • I'm learning that I can probably take care of myself.
    • Like Mysterious, I was also afraid of "witnessing," because, well, it actually is traumatic. It's not nearly so scary now that I get to ask, "And what do you believe?" - because they might know something I need to know! And, of course, since salvation isn't an issue, I'm not under obligation to browbeat everyone I meet with a Bible.
    g ently f eral
  • loosie
    loosie
    Just curious, what scared you

Well I thought God was going to hold it against me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit