What told you that no holy spirit was moving the BOE?

by Crumpet 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DoubtingBro:

Interesting about them not even opening the bible when behind doors in an elders meeting and just using their junky publications. That, in and of itself, is a telling thing. Of course, they have no special insight. I never thought they did.

LHG

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Minu.... ditto here.... They spent 13 years telling me that I should stay and be abused. And that if I didn't make him mad then he wouldn't hit me. Ummm... No....

• dawg
    dawg

I was dating this sister, she was a hottie; problem was she was married but her husband was living with a female across town so the divorce was soon... we'd been seeing each other in private and I was having a hard time keeping my hands off her, yet I maintained control. Her husband finds out about us, goes to the elders and tells then all about it, then says he want's to be a witness and that he hasn't been sleeping with the lady he' s been with so his wife has no scriptual grounds for divorce. They're all hot at me becasue we had been seeing one another yet hadn't done the dirty; so they don't do squat to me. But they tell hottie that she must go back to her abusive husband, take a few more years of his beatings and verbal abuse. I knew that wasn't right, and just a few years later the dumb asses come out with a WT article that says beatings are grounds for divorce.

THat got me thinking, read COC and that opened the floodgates. I never really beaieved their crap in the forst place just went along becasue my family were so devoted. i became very vocal baout my opposition, mostly becasue I could plainly see God had no hand in the WT affairs. That's what started it.

• parlay
    parlay

I too gave Brooklyn the benefit of the doubt. I saw the local elders hypocrisy but felt

the GB were different, after all they were Christ spiritual brothers. Well after I experienced first hand how they blantantly

refused to follow the same theocratic instructions and biblical advice they dispense, I began to see them for what they truly were,

Power tripping, hypocritical men spewing authoritarian rethoric. Ready to disgard people like used tissues.

Researching the real history of the organization revealed to me that Jehovah had nothing to do with Russels erroneous speculations and has nothing to do with the GB speculations today.

Does holy spirit make mistakes? Did holy spirit

allow imperfect men to communicate God's word without mistakes? Is the holy spirit less powerful today than it was then? So why do the GB, while claiming to have this same holy spirit, consistently make mistakes?

Simple..............they don't have it.

• misguided
    misguided

Gumby

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I was born into the borg, was one for over 30 years and fully believed it was God's org the whole time, yet since I was a young boy I never believed the holy spirit especially moved BOE's. I always intuitively realised it was just an organisational thing.

Maybe it was because I had a crap relationship with my father and as a result have always suspicious of father/authority figures.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

When I was an ms, I saw and heard a few things that caused me to wonder
    whether the org had the truth or not. I did my own independent research, and
    came to the conclusion that it was all bs. At the time, I was still an ms, and
    the boe approached me with the view to becoming an elder, although I no longer
    believed in watchtower doctrine. If the holy spirit exists, which I personally
    don't believe, you would think it wouldn't have directed the boe to invite me
    to join them. Even though the elders didn't know about my research, jah
    would have.

Needless to say, I turned the offer down, resigned as an ms, and stopped
    attending meetings shortly afterwards.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Well lots of things...

For years I was counseled to stay with my abusive husband. When I told them all the crap he had done ( tried to kill my cat, tried to run over a group of teenagers, backed me into a wall and screamed in my face that I was worthless and nothing, squandered our money to the point of us ending up homeless, destroying my property, among many other things) I was told that wasn't abusive...that he was just trying to intimidate me!

The fact that when we ended up homeless NO ONE in the congregation came to our aid. No one would even pick us up to go to meeting. I was 2,000 miles away from my family, had no friends in the area, just the congregation. And they refused to do anything to help.

During one of my seperations from my ex husband, I was told by an elder to "be a big girl and go back to my husband".

In my first JC I should have been disfellowshipped, I didn't tell them everything.

During the second JC, I told them I was pregnant. They told me NOT to marry the father, that he was an unbeliever. This blew my mind. Deny the child's father his god given right as a parent because he wasn't the same religion? I was furious.Then I was told to "calm down" when I expressed my opinion while upset. I was also asked "was your need for a man that bad?" ! The whole thing was a nightmare, and crazy.

And on, and on... I could write a novel!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

When I stopped believing in holy spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit