CO sheparding call today!!

by mole 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mole
    mole

Thats right, the CO along with one of the local elders paid an unexpected visit to my wife and I this morning. I was just busting at the seam to bring up the UN fiasco but I refrained as they do not know I have made my journey to the Darkside. My wife just glared with the "looks that kill" as they spewed the usual "time is near better not persue a career" line and I should be providing "spiritually" for the family. He ask me that in view of the times should'nt I be more concerned about making the special Sunday talk. I proceeded to tell him that I have been too busy finishing up my schooling and really have not given it much thought. Needless to say they kicked off the dust and moved on.
    P.S. WOW we had 97 meet for field service this AM. Thats good because the usual is only a handfull.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Ah! The old "in view of the times shouldn't you really ...." Amazing how that works. Worked before 1975 and now there are a bunch of middle aged JWs who are still scratching to make a living because they forsook a career to pioneer/go to jail/go to Bethel/or just did nothing because that was better than doing something "in the world", all "in view of the times." Sucks.

• Undine
    Undine

Mole,

I got an urpy feeling just thinking of the
    "suited men" coming into my living space...

You were very BRAVE this morning!
    Congratulations on "finishing up your schooling!"

Undine

• KD
    KD

Hi Mole,

My hat is off to you for finishing school. No mater what the Elders tell you, you family comes first. I am sure things are still the same since I left years back. I remember back in high school, my best friend whom was brain washed at the same time as myself by a JW teacher, gave up a career in electronics. He had a very high score in the Navy entrance test but did not pursue that for the so called "Truth". He then went to college to study electronics and quit after the first semester to start aux. pioneering. He later changed to full time pioneering. Not sure what he is doing now but the last I heard was that he's married with several kids and does odd jobs to put food on the table. Others that I went to school with that had good grades are getting by with their families by doing janitorial work. They bought into that garbage being spewed out to them about cleaning offices at night while preaching during the day. After I was df'ed, I heard about an elder whom sold his house and moved his family into apartment so he and his wife could full time pioneer. He was convinced that the end would come by 1984. I often wonder what he is doing now? Also remember that JW activities make no difference on a resume. Well I can go on and on with this subject. So once again congradulations.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi Mole,
    I have a guarantee to keep the CO and other elders away. When they come over, keep them on the porch and don't let them in. I did this on a cold day, and they have not been back since.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember when armagedon was coming in 1975.{check awake april 5,1968 article:1975 what doe`s it mean to you? People sold everything they had and went preaching.When 1975 came there was no armagedon.These people were left pennyless,and had to start over.Many were to old to start over,so they retired on what they had left,nothing! Nothing like figuring out wich flavor dog food your eating today. On the upside the witnesses received new light.The date January 1,1976 12:00am. Just more crape frome the king dung hole!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Mole,

I hate those unexpected visits too! Although they've left me alone for awhile.... I think it helps to be deliberately vague, so that they realise they are wasting their time with me!

He ask me that in view of the times should'nt I be more concerned about making the special Sunday talk.

Ahh... nothing like a good old guilt trip! "You could die soon, but if you go to the meeting on Sunday, God might change his mind about killing you." Real encouraging, isn't it?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Mole, next time when they say something idiotic like that, try asking them: "So are you saying that if I go to the 'special talk' I will FOR SURE have a GUARANTEE of everlasting life?"

Of course their answer will be "NO"

So you will be able to say, "Then if I DON'T go to the Sunday talk there is also NO GUARANTEE I will not have everlasting life. I'm too busy to go. Sorry you have to leave so soon.... Door slams."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit