Who has my Joie d'vivre ? I demand it back right now!!

by Crumpet 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Hiyah crumpets, I skipped over this thread earlier because it had french in the title. Horrible flashbacks to Jr. High School. *shudder*

To me it sounds like your suffering from burnout as well as a good helping of stress and depression in the mix.

From my take, your life is overloaded right now. Full time job, school, relationship and finances all screaming for your attention. There's not alot of space left for "Crumpet-time" in that schedule.

All of these things create stress now, but there's absolutely nothing you can do about instantly. They all take patience and time to sort out. Easy to say, harder to do, but worrying can't fix any of those.

My advice is to you is to set aside some personal time to just relax. If you find your mind drifting to problems in your life refocus on enjoying the moment. That and make sure you're getting enough sleep. You need all the energy you can get to accommodate that schedule.

I hope things get better for you soon.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    That and make sure you're getting enough sleep. You need all the energy you can get to accommodate that schedule.

Thank you Pari... I try to sleep but its nigh on impossible. I just lie in bed inconsolable.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Little Crumpet

Sending you all my good thougths and energy today! (well, I actually said a prayer for you but I know you don't believe in that , I don't know how else to send you good wishes.)

Have a beautiful day.

XXX

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

As is so often with me I discover threads on this site later than I wish I did. Talking to you Nina, I just knew ther'd be a thread about it - and thats so good cause you can speak your mind, and then see how much the people care about you and give such great advice - the sort of thing that you have done for me so very often hun.

I totally understand where your coming from, as you know from the things i've been through. we share some experiences. How does that help? Well its simply that your not alone, its not just you and you alone that feels this way and struggles to cope and find meaning in life, the good thing about that is it shows your normal, a human experiencing the normal high's and lows of life.

Where can you go from here? My experience tells me you just get through days and then weeks and then months and years, and after a while you realise the feelings have died down or even evaporated. There isnt a quick fix or cure, just the passage of time and new things coming into your life, other distractions and opportunitys, new friendships, challenges and goals.

When Gary commented on one of my threads, do you remember he said simply to put your bag of bricks down (your fears, stresses, deppresion and problems), stop carrying them around with you, they are still there and you can go back to them if and when you choose, but they no longer weigh you down. Now of course after he'd told me that, I still posted how I felt and then he said I was making a bloody building site with my bricks - now the point was expremely funny but at the same time making a fantastic point to me. So make sure you minimise the negative feelings and work on letting it go. But dont beat yourself up if you just need a good cry, tears can be good for you too.

Take really good care

And i'm in line after free2think to give you another 2 hugs on saturday ok.

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit