When did these Witnesses find out re UN?

by comment 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• comment
    comment

One thing I've noticed about these Witness admissions of and justifications for the Society's 10-year association with the UN is that in many cases, the speakers sound as if they have known about the situation for a while.

Otherwise, how can they justifiably come across as so cocksure if they've only learned about it now?

"Of course we need to be registered with them for promoting human rights and the preaching work! It's just like being a legal corporation. It's just like having a library card. We never supported them."

Anybody who talks like that should be asked:

When did you find out the Society was associated with the UN?

Was this ever announced to the brothers?

If not, why not?

If it's all right for them to be associated and it produces all these benefits, why did they quickly disassociate themselves when their status came to the attention of the public?

comment

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Well, as JT would put it, it is all a question of "which way is the Society leaning on the UN." For the past 10 years they leaned one way and now they are leaning another. Good dubs are alert to such nuances. So once the average Dubs find out that the WTS has quit they will immediately start leaning that way. Right now most are leaning the old way.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Don't forget to ask how they got membership in the first place..

For to have become an NGO they had to agree to "Support and Respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations" (Exact quote from the letter Paul Hoeffel wrote confirming the dissasociation of the Watchtower from the UN, dated 11 October 2001)

If they claim that it was OK to 'deceive' (Theocratic Warfare Strategy) then I think this needs to be publicized widely in the media. Imagine what will happen when average people around the world learn that the society encourages the R&F to "deceive us, but it does much good."

Next time a JW comes a knocking at an average person's door after learning that, the response to them will be rather chilly: "Hey, you are the ones that decieve us in order that we can learn your so-called truth. Thank you but no thank you.." <Door closing>..

A MAJOR tactic of theirs will be reveiled, and yet another of their "tools" will be taken away.. If nothing else, it will help protect innocent people from falling prey to the Watchtower in the future.

I think that unless a JW is 'open' to the truth, they will justify anything, including this.. We are already seeing evidence of this...

But, I think it's just as important that we use this 'incident' as a good example of how they use "theocratic warfare" to recruit new members.. We may not be able to get all the JW's out of their brainwashes stupors, but maybe we can protect the non-brainwashed targets by reveiling some of their practices...

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

I think a lot of Witnesses will claim they already knew. Because of the favorable light the WT was putting on the UN. In one of the 98 Awake mags the WT went to the UN and interviewed someone regarding the Human Rights charter.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Wow!

The WT and the UN in bed together in the Awake mags...

Amazing..!!!!

I wonder why they the WT decided to leave them? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm..

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Comment,

very good arguments for "...some JW's "!

I do like very much the end :

"Anybody who talks like that should be asked:

1) When did you find out the Society was associated with the UN?

2) Was this ever announced to the brothers?

3) If not, why not?

4) If it's all right for them to be associated and it produces all these benefits, why did they quickly disassociate themselves when their status came to the attention of the public?"

Btw, it would be preferable, actually CORRECT to say :

"...the WTBTS of New York requested termination
    of its association with DPI ".

These words are those written in the United Nations '

" LETTER " and should be quoted - accurately -

We should not give ammunitions to some...!!!

To Wannahelp:

" Don't forget to ask how they got membership in the first place..

For to have become an NGO they had to agree to "Support and Respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations" (Exact quote from the letter Paul Hoeffel wrote confirming the dissasociation of the Watchtower from the UN, dated 11 October 2001)."

Very good comments...thought provoking...to make

brains ...preform WORK!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I guess they will claim to have stopped the association to avoid stumbling anyone. They saw the "campaign" of the apostated and wanted to shelter the brothers who could be confused by a "false" presentation of the facts.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hmm,

Sounds like a catch 22 to me:

If they claim to have resigned to "shelter" that would mean that they have to admit that they did indeed become an NGO, and lied on their application to do so... (I don't think they respected the UN charter, unless of course they want to admit that they respect SATAN himself)..

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

2 Cor. 6:17 " 'Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves; says Jehovah, 'and quit touching the unclean thing'" "'and I will take you in'"

I no longer have my WT CDROM but I'm pretty sure that the UN is reffered to as "unclean". So even association just for information would be hypocritical.

Tim B

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Here you are:

"But why is this union of religion and the UN so dangerous? Because "the ten horns . . . and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked . . . and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17 Verse 16) False religion is therefore headed straight for a catastrophic collision with politics. Being denuded and her rank uncleanness revealed, she will be destroyed utterly." (w85 8/1 p. 7)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit