GB vote on the blood ban.....when? Where was it reported?

by Gill 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gill
    Gill

Could someone please help me with a little information please.

Who was it who revealled that the Governing Body had voted on removing the blood transfusion ban but had not received a two thirds majority?

I know Franz talks about them needing the two thirds maj. to make doctrine but when did they vote on blood ban?

Thanks for your help!!

Gill

• Gill
    Gill

bttt

• slimboyfat
  • Gill
    Gill

SBF - Thank you very much for that. That is exactly the topic I was interested in but can anyone recall who it was who reported on this planned new blood doctrine that was overthrown at the last minute by the insufficient vote?

I have searched part of the blood, doctrine topics but no joy so far. It is REALLY important that find this piece of information so no pressure!!!

• Gill
    Gill

OK! I take it no one knows!

Gill - She walks to the 'door' putting on her reading specs as she goes! She lets out a big sigh and settles down in front of her computer to a long night of research and reading!

As they say.....'The Truth is Out There!'

However, all this could be avoided, (and beauty sleep gained) if someone could just give me a shove in the right direction!

Thanks!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Anyone?

Hello! Is there anybody out there?

• TD
    TD

....who it was who reported on this planned new blood doctrine...

(If I've misunderstood what you're asking ---sorry.)

This went down a couple of years ago when the blood cards were yanked at the last minute and the word "allogenic" was removed. Several people with Bethel contacts commented on the reasons for this, but nobody (I hope) is going to reveal their source.

edited to add: This is reference to lifting the ban on stored blood only

• sir82
    sir82
    Several people with Bethel contacts commented on the reasons for this

Links?

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks TD! Links would be absolutely invaluable for a little more info if poss! Lost half of my beauty sleep this weekend looking for this!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"I [informant to THE FOUR PRESIDENTS, p.78] was told by one former member of the headquarters staff, that a member of the Governing Body said that the leadership would like to make blood transfusions an individual option. Now that the chief "oracle" is dead and if there is a desire on the part of some of the leadership to abandon this unpopular edict, they should lay the error of death and suffering, due to this non-scriptural restriction of the past, at the feet of Clayton Woodworth and Fred Franz, precisely where it belongs." There is a reason stated at the outset for informants' desire for anonymity.

Gill - the above has no apparent substantiation, but it does seem to indicate where feelings truly do lie on the blood issue. This is hardly an answer to your direct question, however. SORRY!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit