What happened to you, to not to "feel the love" from the "friends"?

by swirlgirl 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• swirlgirl
    swirlgirl

Thinking back at the start of me questioning that perhaps the "friends" were not really true friends at all, were some experiences I will relate below: Please share those that you have experienced.

After I had carpel tunnel surgery and was in a cast.....not one of the "friends" asked me about it? At first I thought they wanted to be "polite" and not draw attention to the fact of the cast...but thinking more about it afterwards...it was just plain unloving and uncaring. While I was still in the cast....the cong. was having a going away for an older couple...I was told the park and the time. I went with 4 liters of sodas carrying them through the park.....looking like a crazy woman in a cast with these heavy items walking around the whole park......it was a good size park too! After not locating them, I went home frustrated. At the next meeting, when I asked about it, I was told that the location had changed! Why had no one told me, called me, etc.?? So unkind and unconsiderate.

Another time an infant granddaughter of a fellow "sister" whom was also a friend and workmate died, I attended the funeral. Just because her daughter was DF'ed at time.....it was so sad....all of the mother and grandmother's work mates, family, neighbors etc. came but of course no JW's. Our fellow workmates questioned why those from our "church" did not attend the funeral....what a great "witness" huh? I was scoulded when some other "sisters" found out I attended...I told them it was the "loving" thing to do....

Also when this same sister (grandmother of infant) whom is African American....was with a few other "Caucasion" "sisters" after service...were talking about going out to eat and shopping afterwards and what they wanted to shop for etc...carried on a conversation right in front of this "sister" and did not include her nor invite her to go with them!! So rude...don't know if racial or just rude or both!!

Also a young "sister" whom I went to the book study in her home....was handing out her school pictures...after service to all the others in the group...when I innocently asked for one....."oh, she did not have anymore!? So rude....

I know there are other stories, most I have chosen to forget....but I am sure you all have tales such as these....needless to say soon after I "sent my letter of dis-association"....yes, wanted to make sure they never showed up at my door again!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about telling me to just meet other men at a$$emblies? I think that fits the bill. And they did everything they could to build walls between me and the opposite sex (as if they needed that) just to make an already bad situation even worse. So much for being reasonable.

• zeroday
    zeroday

It never ceased to amaze me how a faith that claimed the only "True Christian Love" could be so cold.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    It never ceased to amaze me how a faith that claimed the only "True Christian Love" could be so cold.

True, very true. They are all about appearances. I have found the best christians are the ones outside the wts.

Welcom to JWD swirlgirl!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I didnt "feel the love" till my name was announced on the platform. Shortly after, a "sister" from the hall, (gogetter) from here, came a knocking.........(who i really didnt even know) She was so shocked and ticked at them for dfing me. I feel more love from the ex witnesses, than any of the current JW's, including my family.....what a shame hey?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

After the sixth or seventh JW wedding reception I had brought presents to, but never received a "Thank You" card for, it suddenly dawned on me that they are so different from normal society (and not in a good way either) that they aren't even responsible for their actions anymore. I very simply view each and every JW as a sociopath until they prove otherwise or not.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

When my 'died in 99, my mom's relatives got in a bitter dispute over the estate. A couple of my mom's brothers and their wives won't speak to her to this day. These are people who are elders or have been in the "truth" for many years. That was the clincher for me. Witnesses had too much love to ever fight over money. Yeah right!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Oops! When my grandmother died in 99

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I very simply view each and every JW as a sociopath until they prove otherwise or not.

Sad, funny, and rather true MinisterAmos.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Geez, got a few hours? Time and time again "get togethers" were arranged but no one bothered to let us know. Family clans would only spend time with each other making sure they and their kids got plenty of socializing but not worrying about anyone else, especially those with "unbelieving mates" or single moms with kids. And all you have to do is read through some threads on here to hear about people in need or pain being completely ignored by their BOE until they hear you might have done something wrong. Then they're on your doorstep pounding your door down! They only care when theres some gossip or scuttlebutt to pass around at the next meeting. Can ya "feel the love"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit