Gilead

by logic 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic
    logic

The many years I was in the 'truth' I've never known what was taught at Gilead that made them so 'special'. Has anyone here ever been to Gilead or know what goes on there? I't was something I have always been curious about.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

My aunt went...........Basically.....big time prepping for ministry on foreign soil........She, and her husband attended.....but oops.....turned out her husband was a wife beating fornicator.ah well.....

• metaspy
    metaspy

From what I have heard from some friends who went through Gilead, they cover the same material that COs and DOs cover.
    Thus they cover some really deep stuff. (read "a bunch of WTS Bull")
    My friends said that it is a very fast paced class and you have to actually pass.
    there is a test, he said that if you don't pass you dont go anywhere (except home).

• choosing life
    choosing life

Friends of ours went through Gilead. They read and study the entire Bible and are given a lot of study assignments and presentations to make.

There is a final test they must pass. They also deal with the problems of culture shock and how to get along with the other missionaries. They don't get much materially and they don't have a lot of privacy either. Institutional living, much less than Bethel, but still told how to run every aspect of their lives.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    Has anyone here ever been to Gilead or know what goes on there?

A poster here that goes by the name "AllTimeJeff" graduated from Gilead and went to his assignment with his wife. However, he is on the way out from the WTS now. See his post and thread about his experience. I found it very enlightening about the inside workings of the WTS and their missionary school of Gilead.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/128220/1.ashx

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit