Men who speak lies - Need scripture

by Bonnie_Clyde 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I are looking for a scripture - seems like it should be in Psalms. It says something like, "I have not sat at the table of men who speak lies." (or falsehood). We used the NWT concordance and the comprehensive concordance published by the WT but can't find the scripture. Can anybody find it, and if so, will you tell us how you found it?

Bonnie

• blondie
    blondie

(Psalm 26:1-5) . . .Judge me, O Jehovah, for I myself have walked in my own integrity, And in Jehovah I have trusted, that I may not wobble. 2 Examine me, O Jehovah, and put me to the test; Refine my kidneys and my heart. 3 For your loving-kindness is in front of my eyes, And I have walked in your truth. 4 I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in. 5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers, And with the wicked ones I do not sit.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Bonnie,

I tried to find it. No sucess. I remember that scripture as well. Sorry.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good Job Blondie..I knew you would come through!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Blondie - you are wonderful! That's exactly what we were looking for. You didn't say how you found it. I'll bet you just knew it....

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Men who speak lies need to say the lie over and over, over and over, and over again until it starts to sound like truth.

607 -- 607 -- 607 -- 607 -- 607 -- 607 -- 607.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

"4 I have not sat with men of untruth;" That scripture is perfect when you think about the recent Watchtower article that stated 'every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie.' So it doesnt say sitting at the table with liars, but with men of untruth! Thus another reason to stay away from this cult that says its bad to lie, but ok to tell an 'untruth'.

• greengopete
    greengopete

Hi Bonnie!

Is this what you are looking for?

oops, I see Blondie gave you the scripture.

Have a nice day!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I do not sit with wic-ked men of lies
    I hate the com-pan-y of those who truth des-pise

Sorry, it got stuck in my head after reading this thread and I just thought I'd share the joy

• emptywords
    emptywords

Song 160...................Walk in Integrity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit