What did Jesus approve in 1919 ?

by AlphaOmega 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

As an offshoot from this thread (can threads sprout shoots ?)...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/136253/1.ashx

... I was wondering if anyone has any quotes / scans of

• What was taught in 1919
    • WT Lit that says Jesus inspected the org in 1919 and gave them the "Divine Thumbs Up"
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

The Finished Mystery. The Great Pyramid of Gizeh was God's bible in stone. Charles Russell was the faithful and wise servant. Millions now living will never die.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Reading through the Watch Tower magazines of 1920, the difference that stands out most distinctly to me is that they considered all members of the church to be spirit-begotten and with a heavenly hope. There were still two classes of course. The especially faithful ones would be Christ's co-rulers and the rest would have a lower position ministering to them in heaven. Service in the preaching work seems to have been driven more by the hope of a greater reward, rather than by a fear of destruction. Everlasting life on earth was something that would be offered to the rest of the world in general, and they would be given the opportunity to accept or reject this during the 1000 year reign of Christ.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My great-grandfather's credit application?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    My great-grandfather's credit application?

alt LMFAO!

• ninja
    ninja

lol at nvr....I'll be using that in a week or 2....

• ninja
    ninja

*** w55 11/15 p. 698 par. 36 “Jehovah Is in His Holy Temple” *** Stirring up increasing interest in them, Jehovah caused to be preached from 1918 onward the startling public message “Millions Now Living Will Never Die,”........here they actually claim that Jehovah told them to preach that millions would never die before 1925....that he was behind a false prophecy

• brinjen
    brinjen
    here they actually claim that Jehovah told them to preach that millions would never die before 1925....that he was behind a false prophecy

And they didn't disfellowship him?

• Terry
    Terry

The self-fiction of neo-religions is a necessary mythology.

The Mormons have rewritten the Joseph Smith saga so many times they've worn out the shreds of actuality.

The Jehovah's Witnesses use to stand for defending their faith with face to face dialogue whereby the scripture-flipping hero won the day.

With the ready data available on the Internet the jig is up. A fast-talking, bible-wielding JW can't bark up even the smallest tree without a big 607 falling on his neck and eating him alive.

Most of the remaining JW's who still talk to me are downright embarassed at having to defend the premise of their own theology. They insist on changing the subject as quickly as possible.

• ninja
    ninja

hey brinjy.....he used to post on here....but he's not been on for a while....probably busy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit