4.5 million baptized in last 15 years.....

by Open mind 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

This stat was quoted at the DC. Has anyone here talked about it? Especially as to how it could be used in figuring how many dubs are missing in action? I know Blondie calculates this now and then, but was the 4.5 million in the last 15 years figure "new light" for apostates? Or old hat?

Open Mind

• zack
    zack

Two numbers they never disclose: the money that comes in and the money that goes out.

Those are the real important ones, IMO.

The other barometer, for me, as to the health of the religion, is not how many are baptized, but how many either leave or are put out. For example, when you measure a nation's health care progress, you measure mortality, not births. You may have 1 million babies being born, but if half are dieing before age 1, you're health care sucks. Same thing for the Borg. They'll never say though. Good thing Jehovah does all things in the light, huh?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It would be interesting to go back just a bit further - say, 20 years - to find that in the past 20 years the WTB&TS has baptized six million people - their entire membership!

What happened to all the OLD-TIMERS if the entire membership is only twenty years old?

Oh, yeah, of course. They're DEAD. The "millions now living (who) will never die" are DEAD.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In the 15 years between 1992 and 2006 4,467,374 were baptised. During that same time the number of JWs only grew by 2,202,038 (6491775 - 4,289,737). If we subtract the death rate of .87% each year (730,000) there are 1,472,038 JWs that have left.

That means 33% of baptisms leave, the highest rate of almost any religion globally. In the Western world in the last 10 years it is now 50%.

See http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm or http://jehovah.net.au/aust_statistics.html for Australian statistics.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks JW facts! You've brightened my day. Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit