JWs and their thoughts on prayers by "worldly" people.

by R.F. 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Jemima doesn't listen to worldly prayers, and Jemima only started listening to Prayers since shortly after William Miller, anyone before that time was just ass out of luck!!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Prayer by non-JW's was one of the things I was thinking about a lot when I started to have doubts about the Organization. I worked with godly women (not JW's) who had meaningful prayer lives, and many examples of answered prayers. When I asked an elder's wife in my congregation why it seemed their prayers were answered, she blew it off and said even the terrorist's prayers are answered. She implied only JW's are really heard by God, unless it is something that will lead someone to the JW's. I couldn't accept that. I believe God loves us all, and does what He can within His will to help anyone who tries to reach out to Him. The women I worked with seemed to have a closer relationship to God than I did.

It was just one of the many things that got me thinking, and eventually out of the Watchtower.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at and it's something that really had me thinking as well

I remember reading a few times on a few sites about Witnessing to JWs, and how one of the most powerful points you can use is your own personal testimony of Jesus Christ in your life, something that JWs can't refute.

It's pretty high minded of them to them to think that God only hears them.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Prayer by non-JW's was one of the things I was thinking about a lot when I started to have doubts about the Organization. I worked with godly women (not JW's) who had meaningful prayer lives, and many examples of answered prayers. When I asked an elder's wife in my congregation why it seemed their prayers were answered, she blew it off and said even the terrorist's prayers are answered. She implied only JW's are really heard by God, unless it is something that will lead someone to the JW's. I couldn't accept that. I believe God loves us all, and does what He can within His will to help anyone who tries to reach out to Him. The women I worked with seemed to have a closer relationship to God than I did.

It was just one of the many things that got me thinking, and eventually out of the Watchtower.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at and it's something that really had me thinking as well

I remember reading a few times on a few sites about Witnessing to JWs, and how one of the most powerful points you can use is your own personal testimony of Jesus Christ in your life, something that JWs can't refute.

It's pretty high minded of them to them to think that God only hears them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit