Tee shirt with foolish WT quotes, I will wear to reunion with witnesses

by dawg 47 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

As many of you know, I've been writing letters to family members telling them how damn stupid I think the GB is; providing proofs of all their comedic gaffs (building mansions for prophets and the like) including some of their most outlandish quotes-which I know all of us can remember verbatim. Spurned on by Mary and others in this site, I've decided that i will try a new ploy.

My family reunion is every labor day and I've decided to wear a tee shirt to it with Russell, Rutherford, and Franz's images on it... I will include images of a pyramid, Beth Sarim, on the front and 607? on ythe top... on the bottom i will have 1914?

ON the back I was going to put some of the more stranger WT quotes... Here's where i need your help... what's the stupidest things they've ever said in you opinion? MIne is "we should meekly go along with the Lord's theocratic organization rather than balk at first mention of a thought unpalatable to us and proceed to quibble and mouth our critisims and opinions as though they were worth more then the slave's provision of spirittual food. Theocratic ones will appreciate the Lord's organization and not be so foolish as to pit against Jehovah's channel their own human reasoning and sentiment."

WHat's your's?

• zack
    zack

Maybe you could try the one where they say homosexuality is not a basis for Christian divorce. I'm sure a picture on your tee shirt might be worth a thousand words!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    when we loyally submit to the direction of the faithful slave and its Governing Body, we are submitting to Christ, - April 1st 2007 WT

The Golden Age, Jan. 1, 1923 p.214

it has been shown conclusively that there is no such thing as rabies

• Will Power
    Will Power

I love the t-shirt idea.

I remember seeing a t-shirt that had a list on the back of dates (like concert dates) and lots had cancelled stroked thru.
    would be funny to see a list with all the
    "armageddon dates" as tour dates, but marked cancelled. hahah

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like Will Power's idea - a list of the dates when the world was supposed to end, with lines through them. Anyone have a complete list? It's been so long since I've been out, I don't remember them all.

• dawg
    dawg

Great ideas one and all

• Open mind
    Open mind

Don't have the exact quote, but I'm sure someone here does. The gist is this:

"Masturbation leads to homosexuality."

I guess that's why 99.9% of all men are gay.

Open Mind

• outnfree
    outnfree

Maybe you could have a picture of flip-flop sandals and superimpose:
    Disfellowship for not screaming "Rape!"? Yes. No. Yes. No. .... (with dates?)
    Will Sodomites be resurrected? No. Yes. No. Yes. ... (what's the current position anyway?)
    and similar...
    out

• TD
    TD

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason, the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." The Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1967, p. 587

"Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows the seed of syphilis, cancers, escema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccination is a crime, an outrage and a delusion." The Golden Age, 1929, p. 502.

"Do you know the germ theory has never been proven? And it cannot be proven, either. If it had been proven, it would not be a theory. It has been truly said that 'knowledge without evidence is superstition'; and that applies to the germ theory also. It is a leftover superstition of a past age, when men feared that the earth was inhabited with hideous monsters that were hiding everywhere, in the air, in the sea, in the darkness, etc., always ready to jump out and devour him or make life otherwise miserable for him." The Golden Age 1931 p. 404

• dawg
    dawg

And the other .1 are lying about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit