Is the WTS becoming more like Ancient Israel?

by unbaptized 4 Replies latest jw friends

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Does it seem to you that the WTS has some of the traits of Ancient Israel? Tell me what you think

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is something I used to ask myself, when I was still in and very puzzled by certain things that didn't seem right: "If Ancient Israel screwed up repeatedly and brought on God's wrath, why does the governing body seem to think they are immune to ticking off God? Why don't my fellow JW's realize that if Israel could mess up and do things like kill Jesus, then couldn't it be possible that the WTBTS just might mess up, too." And if the WTBTS could mess up as badly as Israel, then how were they different from other Christian denominations?

I could see that their policies encouraged Pharisee-like behaviors. I could see a lack of love being fostered. I felt like their yoke was not kindly and light. I could see how the gov bod burdened the witnesses and even made them ill with the meeting schedule, conventions, assemblies, constant nagging to do more and to quit good jobs, not go to school, etc

Becoming like Ancient Israel? They've BEEN like ancient Israel.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The watchtower and all religion are like ancient Israel. Everybody who preaches high standards and ideals fall shorts and is a hypocrite in the end. The bible says no man is righteous, no not one. The wts is made up of men.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I've thought this for a long time. The WTS likes to claim to be "Christian" but, every time they need support for one of the ridiculous organizational rules they dip into the Old Testament to find support. When was the last DC drama based on anything from the New Testament?

My favorite was last years drama, when attendance at conventions was compared to the ancient festivals and pilgrimages of the Israelites.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Absolutely! They love ancient Israel and ignore the new testament as much as they can. Why? Because the old testament and ancient Israel fits in with their idea of punishment, stoning, judging, etc. They see themselves as being "judges" who would love to have power of life and death over people, which, thankfully, they do not have now.

The new testament with Jesus and his gospel of love does not fit with their love of power and lording it over everybody.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit