DID YOU DEDICATE YOURSELF BEFORE BAPTISM OR DID YOU LIE?

by free2think 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

I took things seriously so my dedication was sincere but in vain as I realised after a year or so that I was dedicated to and serving a manmade organisation, that I had been tricked by double faced individuals.

• karvel
    karvel

i was really confused as to what i was supposed to do. since i wasnt sure(i was 12) i just kept putting it off and eventually did it after baptism..like 2 months later. i was like "um, ok jehovah, i dedicate my life you." lol.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was very sincere. I prayed,and dedicated myself and was willing to do whatever it took to serve God. I did not like service, but was willing. I did not like living with no money, and cleaning houses, but I was willing. I tried my level best to do everything that was asked of me. Be the smiling elder's wife, talk to new ones, take the car in service, book studies in the home, keep car and home clean, study for meetings, don't go on vacation because a. No money, b. One should not be away from service and the meetings.

Now, I am just exhausted thinking about everything. And the reward that I got for all the hard work? My teen daughter was treated like S^5$#T by five men who accused her of just about everything you can think of, told her that God viewed her as filth, and that she would burn in the lake of fire with the devil. Then told us "You should accept it because God has allowed it."

Now I am sincerely dissilutioned, and angry that for over thirty years I was serving a group of self-serving men.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I looked at baptism as a necessary part of keeping my position in my family and religion stable. Dedicating my life to Jehovah was just part of the package.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I was the same. I was 16. Didn't even know until the Society started asking years later when the date of your "dedication" (NOT your baptism) was.

So like many, I made one up.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Good god, I thought dedication meant swearing absolute loyalty to your parents.......Dedication to God? Baptism was for pleasing parents and taking the pressure off from the KH heavies.

That was the 70's.

r.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i did not even think about it until the baptism talk! i still haven't and don't plan on doing so. i guess that means i lied. as james hetfield sings on metallica's garage inc. cd: so f****** what!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they made too much of the unconditional nature of dedication after the fact. Of course there was a condition: My dedication to God would be rendered null and void if He turned out to be anything other than what He had expressly or implicitly promised me or if He started doing things to make my life miserable (both of which He proceeded to do). He was supposed to take care of ALL of my needs, including sexual ones, since He supposedly made me with those needs. He did not. So, therefore, my dedication has been irreparably revoked and cannot be redone since I will not dedicate my life to serving an almighty scam artist.

• Es
    Es

No, I didnt even know how to.

es

• R.F.
    R.F.

Yes I did. Then I found out eventually what I actually dedicated myself too. The baptism questions tell you that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit