United Nations Website: Scan of Watchtower NGO status!!!!

by Lady Liberty 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• badboy
    badboy

MIWICHCUCKOO,PERHAPS SOMEONE SHOULD ASK IF SAID MEMBER HAD BEEN DF!

• sf
    sf
    Is being listed on the DPI as an NGO really that big of a deal? So now they have access to information and greater ease with the UN in dealing with rights issues. JW's stay out of politics but still obey laws and pay taxes, we still use government programs for assistance that we pay into. Does that mean one is meddling in politics?

Respectfully, if you seriously want to fully comprehend the magnitude of this hypocrisy [ THE BIG DEAL], you MUST read the last six years of information on this issue. It's an exhaustive feat, yet mandatory, in my opinion, in order to gain ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of WTBTS involvement with the 'WILD BEAST'.

Happy trails and welcome to the forum. Google has tons of threads from here on the subject.

sKally

• Sonofcomfort
  • TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Still_in74:

Is being listed on the DPI as an NGO really that big of a deal?

It's "touching the unclean thing." They advise witnesses that they can not do anything, anything to support a church, including fixing their roof if you're a roofer or cleaning the carpets if you're a carpet cleaner. You can't cut HAIR in a barber shop on a military base.

But they can be a "non-government organization" affiliated with the United Nations just so they can utilize their resources??

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

still_in74,

JWs that join the YMCA simply to use their exercise gyms and swimming pools are disfellowshipped.

That's another reason it's a big deal.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

To uphold their part of the deal the WTS had to suppopt the goals of the UN. They did this with the Oct 1, 1995 WT

See the following discussion

Request for Mag on UN

Somewhere in The Best of... WTS and the UN

If I recall correctly someone does mention who signed the forms.

Happy hunting

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Yet another reason it's "a big deal":

w58 4/15 p.237 The Time to Sing the New Song***

WHY

TIME FOR THE NEW SONG

Are there any of that holy new nation on earth today in the twentieth century of the Christian era? There are. There are just a remnant or a number still remaining on earth of spirit-anointed ones who have the assurance from God that a place has been reserved for them in the heavenly kingdom. But though they are the remnant of a nation, the new nation of spiritual Israel, we do not find them joining the United Nations organization as one of its members, the way the recently formed nation of modern Israel has joined the United Nations. The eighty-two members of the United Nations show they do not want the holy new nation in, but the remnant of Jehovah’s nation under Christ have never applied to get in. The United Nations belongs to this old world, which is facing a disastrous end very soon. The remnant of spiritual Israel belongs to the new world founded upon the heavenly King Jesus Christ. The old is bound to pass away in our day. The new is bound to stay forever.

• Lady Liberty
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

So...they were "Dissasociated" from the UN so to speak and they sold their souls for a library card!...

Lovin it!

Snoozy...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks!

I am concerned, however, that the link to the document that is directly on the UN site is broken, as has already been pointed out. I looked all over the UN site for a place to report the damaged link, to no avail. If anyone sees how to report it, by all means, please do!

This is the page I am speaking of that has the broken link...
    http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/doc.htm
    as you see, it lists Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as a link, but the link leads you to a page that is broken.

Interestingly enough, the "contact us" link is also broken.

Coincidence? Ha! Who knows... but I'd really like to see it fixed. It sortof diminishes the impact, ya know?

Cheers!
    Baba

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit