Russian JWs Apologise

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Just read this on silentlambs. WOW!

http://www.silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=538

Russian JWs Apologise
    A Declaration sent to silentlambs

We are compelled to write this Declaration because of recent events in the United States that have to do with established incidents of sexual abuse of minors involving some appointed servants (including elders) of the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization. We want to express our opinion about the situation and about the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Societyposition in this regards.

Our organization’s leadership — the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses — remains silent and pretends that nothing extraordinary is going on. Nevertheless we cannot remain silent any longer, because we see it all, we face these problems in our everyday lives and we feel confused and ashamed when others point us to such incidents. Thus we in Russia feel very uneasy about these facts.

We do recognize clearly that the present internal policies of our organization are favorable and conductive to concealment of such transgressions against law and morals. All who attempt to press for just punishment of the offenders will themselves come under condemnation unless they have enough evidence against an accused person – oftentimes presence of two or more eye-witnesses of a given incident is requested, whereas one-man witnesses of crimes committed against close kin are dismissed. Therefore a criminal often goes unpunished and privately continues to commit felonious acts against his victim. We do not know of any single instance when elders of a congregation would turn to the law enforcement agencies with a request to investigate claims of sexual abuse, although crimes of such kind should be investigated by experts.

This probably happens because the elders themselves, as we know, are often involved in similar transgressions (including, to be sure, not only sexual sins, but also deceit, licentiousness, rudeness etc,). Praise God, we do not know of any instances of pedophilia in Russia, but in other situations actions of elders are being portrayed in such a way as if nothing has happened — elders being often “shielded” by fellow elders and/or regional overseers. All this gives rise to feelings of indignation and aversion. We have enough examples to prove our case, but it is not our goal to publish these. Unfortunately it turns out that it has become more important for Jehovah’s Witnesses to maintain authority of the elders and of the organization in general than to maintain biblical ethics and morals. We’d be glad to find ourselves mistaken, but thus far all facts speak in favor of such conclusion.

On behalf of all Jehovah’s Witnesses indignant with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society policies we would like to make apologies to those who have suffered from such actions on part of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We are truly ashamed of their actions.

We do this because we recognize that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, with its usual practice of improper “pudency”, will never do it. Public should know that among Jehovah’s Witnesses both in Russia and in the world there are hundreds and thousands of honest people — they see all the lawless deeds of their organization and sincerely mourn it.

We also do recognize that many doctrines of our organization are not biblical, but rather based upon dogmas put forth by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. One result of such unchristian position is their “policy of concealment” as applied to various crimes committed by members of the organization. Tank-and-file Jehovah’s Witnesses are mostly unsatisfied with this policy, but they remain silent for fear of being repressed by the leadership which has only one interest: to maintain a positive public “image” of the organization.

We do not want to be condemned by God along with those who stubbornly persist in their delusions (2 Thes. 2:11-12). Having put our hope in His mercy and submitted everything under His mighty hand (1 Peter 5:6), we pray for our brothers that God may open their eyes (Rom. 10:1).

Members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses International Organization E-mail: [email protected] Forum: http://jwforum.org Website: http://allistinawt.by.ru

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This thread deserves a bump back to the top..Have a look guys!.....Are Russian JW`s going Renagade on the WBT$???...OUTLAW

• R.F.
    R.F.

Hmmmm.....

Interesting,

I wanna believe it but something is telling me not to believe it. Maybe it's because I know the way that JWs work that's nudging at my brain.

If this is true I wonder how many are in on it.

• undercover
    undercover

I thought there was already a renegade bunch of JWs in Russia that were going their own way independant of Brooklyn?

I'm not up on the history of it...maybe someone else knows something and can share.

• brinjen
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I have a tendency to believe this. Weren't the Russian JWs cut off from the 'mother' branch for a long time? They were stuck in the old ways of teaching... perhaps even the International Bible Student days? This might explain their reaction/apology.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nikolai is more like us than your rank-and-file JW.

Like Brinjen said, this was posted last Friday by Nikolai War (nickname NVAR on this forum).

Later in that thread, poster Archgabriel said:

People who made this declaration are former JW's or actual JW's. Nikolai was an elder, but resigned himself when saw a bad fruits of the Slave. He is an actual witness, as for me, i'm a former witness. By this statment we want to attract attention of russian witnesses to such delicate problem.

In a later thread, Nikolai indicated that he was interested in supporting a movement to disfellowship members of the Governing Body over this issue.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This has been posted before

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/135335/1.ashx

I never noticed the original post (probably due to the title), but thank you for posting the link. I fixed the formatting to what it was on the original post to make it easier to read.

I thought it was very interesting. If other countries or branches follow suit, it would be like the WT's walls crashing down.

• nvar
    nvar

Thanks for attention to a theme.

I as think, that if in other countries JW politicians Watch Tower it will be possible to make much will openly oppose.

Still the request:

I 1 year have a site against Watch Tower.

On this site articles with criticism of dogmas and practice JW http://www.allistinawt.by.ru/ are placed.

On him there are letters to Advice of elders, and as other confidential documentation Watch Tower.

Now my site close because of infringement of copyrights.

I search for a reliable hosting on which I could place these documents, not being afraid of closing.

Whether you can something offer in the USA?

With love,

Nikolai War.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Now my site close because of infringement of copyrights.

I'm very sorry to hear this nvar

All the best with finding a new host, unless someone else can correct me, it's the same story in the States and I suspect even in Australia where I am posting from. You're not the first one who's site has been shut down by the borg due to copyright (officially) and unfortunately, you won't be the last.

All the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit