WTS Ruling on Visiting Churches. What is it These Days?

by Clam 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Since it is a "consicence matter", every JW interprets it differently depending on their level of zeal and how many JW's would find out. Participation can range from "sit at the back but don't participate", to "I'll see you at the reception", to complete non-attendance.

Followed by self-congratulatory pats-on-the-back that they "stood firm" for Jehovah, ignoring the masses of ruffled worldly feathers in their wake.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Standing outside the church is just stupid, in my family its a very touchy subject, I hate that they do that, WHY EVEN GO TO THE CHURCH!! thats what I don't get, is it to prove a point? but hey later at the reception they are all eating the food and drinking the booze, its so retarded!

• undercover
    undercover
    While doing so is not forbidden by the Christian congregation,

Mighty nice of the Pharisees in Brooklyn to not "forbid" anyone from attending a wedding or funeral at a church.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Only an organisation that is being directed by the Devil would write statements telling you not to go into a church.They are the utterings of an anti Christ. Just imagine the Devil whispering in your ear telling you, "do not participate in this unchristian act because you might become more caring ,loving ,kind and better person. My disciples who I have deceived will look down upon you with shunning plans in mind lest the goodness you have received also contaminates the rest of the no brainers that I have misled."

The WTS leaders will stop at nothing in order to keep their followers blinfolded. Go into a mainstream church JWs' and learn something useful for a change, go into as many as you can.Disregard your preconceived opinions ,you might come away uplifted and a better person for it.You might actually end up contributing something really beneficial to humanity in the process.Give the Devil a good kicking in the orchestra stalls he won't like it one bit.

Just the fact that the borg leaders told me not to go would make me go into a church ,a chapel or even a cathedral because they are wrong on just about everything they spew forth.

Edmond.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Clamster buddy, how are ya? Been visiting the house of the whore I see? Bad Clam, bad bad bad!!!

The whole day went very well as we were determined to make it a 'celebration of life' and not be morbid.

I just attended a friends mothers funeral at the hall and it was depressing as all other dub meetings are. All it did was put down this system of Satans and reminded witnesses that oneday the earth will be filled with happy doorknockers once the rest of mankind is slaughtered. I get so damn sick of literature in my home in which EVERY SINGLE cover of a magazine is depressing and negative.

Bizzarely my JW Bro-in-Law asked me the following day about the church and spoke about how amazing it was.

Good for him!!! Most witnesses are shocked when they find out that these places aren't full of demons swarming thru the place. We visited a beautiful Catholic church in Mexico once and I was also astounded at the work and beauty of the place. Witnesses seem to think if they visit a church while they are in another country and on vacation it somehow negates what is said about visiting churches. Dumb asses.

Gumby

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I used to be a professional photographer and shot mostly weddings, as a witness. I was in Churches every wekeend, sometimes 3 or 4 different Churches. But this was OK as I was not participating in the ceremony, only documenting the event.

Am I wrong, but don't I remember witnesses could not even clean a Church as other employment would be a better choice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit