Are Only Supermodels Used In The Watchtower and Awake?

by mtsgrad 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Hi Friends,

Since Jehovah judges the heart why are only attractive people used in the literature?

Uggo's are allowed to reply.

mtsgrad

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Funny (and harsh) as the question is, it's actually a very good question for witnesses. We all know why attractive people are used to sell bathing suits, but why is it important to use an attractive person to tell the "good news"?

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Sixofnine,

I've never understood it. Surely Jehovah loves uggo's as much as me!

mtsgard

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Maybe they upgraded the salaries of posing models since I last read them then - about 10 years ago. I only ever found one really attractive and that was the girl in the pool being leched over by the nephilim in the Live Forever book. In fact that was the only time I wanted to really time travel...anyway she turned out to be plagiarised off the front of some german sports magazine - not even an elders wife. Shocking!

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Crumpet,

Well not exactly supermodels, but most people were not uggo's in you time were they?

mtsgrad

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Remember the WT cover on "God's Gift of Beauty" that had the illistration of the three hot chicks from three races?

Gawd......

V

• blondie
    blondie

Now if you were the WT photographer and had to spend time with someone talking their picture, who would you pick?

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Blondie,

Do you reckon photographers prefer to spend time with attractive people? lol. Maybe they have to sign an committment not to fornicate? What do you think?

mtsgrad

• AlanF
    AlanF

Simple: the artists like to indulge their fantasies by looking at and drawing beautiful women.

AlanF

• Xena
    Xena

It's quite simple really they are there so we can see what perfection looks like. It's all for the greater good....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit