An interesting website I thought I'd share

by Flowerpetal 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

In reading Leolaia's comments about the Nephelim and referring to the book of Enoch, being the curious person I am, went on a search of the Book of Jubilees and came across this site: http://www.earth-history.com/Preface.htm

During later years I became more and more interested in the Ancient History of Mankind and the written stories from all over the World including the Myths, Legends and Sages. During this study it became very clear that the stories in the Bible were not unique, and had been told of and written about everywhere around the Ancient World.

When looking for evidence I began to read the history of Mesopotamia, Assyria, Egypt and other regions and soon found out what I had already presumed.

Because of this new evidence I started reading the Bible again, only now as an historical book. It soon became clear that the modern Christian Bible and Jewish Torah (that makes up the first five books of the Old Testament) merely gives us a 'colored' or watered down history of the Hebrew and Jewish people, and are only fragments of the total history of the Middle East. So the Bible became for me a very useful historical book written by several ancient writers that had been rewritten much later after the captivity of the Jews in Babylon by the Prophet Daniel in the 6th century BCE.

At that time, the Torah consisted of stories that had been composed for the most part from older stories that had been written on clay tablets and papyri from Mesopotamia, Assyria and Egypt, including names and places, and in most cases these stories were thousands of years older.

The final Torah and later the final Christian Bible were arbitrarily composed and differ within different sects of Judaism and Christianity itself. While several original Canonical Bible books were later set apart as Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha books in the 2nd century AD is for me still a question that never has been answered to my satisfaction

Perhaps Mr. Geerts may fill in a lot of the gaps of ancient history, at least for me.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wow! I've been reading it. I like how it's organized, too. That's a great find! Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit